three

Cool water runs through my hair causing the ugly brown along with the curls to fade from my hair until it is no longer there and its natural silver white returns. I feel the blood that had splattered all over my body fall away along with all of the magic I had used to hide my true form as the water runs across my face to both of my shoulders and all along my small body revealing old scars and pale flesh. I do nothing to try and hide my naked form as I stand under the falling water. Not to be cocky, but if anyone were to even come close to where I am I would know because of the animals that rest in the surrounding trees, but that does not matter because I do not linger in the water for longer than I need to. Once all of the blood is washed off I step away from the waterfall only to walk into the dark cave that I have been using as my home.

In the very back right side of the cave there is a hidden closet within the rock wall full of clothes like the ones I had worn today. Leather jackets, corset tops, leather pants along with what women call leggings, and leather boots along with undergarments and socks. In the far back left corner of the cave there is a large pile of furs that I use as my bed, and between the two there is another hidden room behind the large wall full of nothing but weapons that I have collected over the years ranging from bows and knives, to guns and poisons. That is all that I have in this cave, and all I have in many other caves around the world, personal items such as a cell phone or laptop mean absolutely nothing to me unless I can use one to kill a target.

I walk to across the cave tossing my wet clothes to a rock on the right before I walk to my makeshift bed only to lay within the furs without pause for new clothes. I lay on my side and curl into a small ball as close as I can get to the rock wall in front of me only to close my eyes and allow the darkness to wash over me.

•°•°•°

A beautiful woman stands in front of me, her long hair such a bright blonde that it seems golden whenever the sun hits it, she stands at six foot with perfect curves that seem to make the men lust after her more than they do anyone else that they lay their eyes on. She has a sharp, strong jaw, her cheeks hollow with high and pronounced cheekbones. Her nose is small and straight with a light layer of freckles as it rests just above her light pink lips that are as full and plump as my mothers used to be, and her eyes. Her eyes are a bright green that I have only seen when the sun shines through the leaves hanging in the trees outside. She is beautiful or at least she had been before they got ahold of her.

Now her beautiful curves are layered with bite marks and bruises, her usually tan skin is now sickly pale, her back has been whipped so many times that it looks as if she had been put through a meat grinder. Her beautiful golden blonde hair is no longer straight and long but full of blood and so many knots that it seems to stop just beneath her shoulder blades, her strong jaw is bruised a deep purple, her bottom lip was busted open and is now swollen as they tremble together, and her eyes hold no light to them because of everything the men do to her. She is not from this Pack, most of the women they bring here are from other nearby Packs or Packs that they have destroyed just as they had done to my own just a few years ago, but unlike me, none of the other women they bring back last much longer than a week or two unless they are used for breeding.

I listen to her screams as they rip out of her trembling lips. I watch her blood drip to the floor where it pools beneath her as they rip her back open with one of their bladed whips. I know that this woman, like most, has done nothing to deserve what is happening to her, but I can do absolutely nothing to save her without getting myself harmed or even killed in the process. I had tried a few times before only to earn more beatings on top of the torture I had already been put through.

It is not fair to these women to go through what they are going through, and after being forced to watch the men do this to the other thousands of women they have done it to one would think I would take my own life to make it end, and to be honest I had thought of doing so many times. But the promise I had made to mother that night will be whispered through my mind as if in reminder that I cannot go back on it. So after a while I had stopped wishing for death, I had stopped trying to escape what I am being forced to go through so I can learn from them. So I do everything I am told to do without fighting, I learn what they wish for me to learn, I kill what and who they wish for me to kill, and I watch what they tell me to watch.