four

A small nearly silent whooshing sound fills my ears as I spin a throwing knife on my pointer finger. My eyes move through the crowd of people as they follow the beautiful red headed woman through the small park as she plays with her child not even paying attention to any of her surroundings. I feel the ring of the knife get a cool touch to it as my finger begins to wrap around it and the moment I have my finger in place, I allow the knife to fly into the air.

There is a short lived whistle as the metal rips through the air before there is a small squealch as it sinks into the womans throat making her gurgle and fall to the ground with blood seeping into the mulch around her. Screams from parents and children alike fill the air at the sight of the womans still twitching form, men growl as they stand protectively before their loved ones, but I ignore them all as I step out of the shadows just beside her bloody body. I twist another knife in my hand only for a moment before I lean down to stab it into the opposite side of her neck. I grab the first knife in my right hand and jerk on them both forcing her head to roll from her body making the screaming women stumble away as their Beloveds growl at me and begin to move towards me, but I force them to stop as I put the knife to the throat of the womans crying child and click my tongue.

Once they stop moving towards me I remove the blade from the childs throat and take her mothers body only to throw it at the side of the playhouse and throw my knives into her until she dangles just as my parents had. Once she stops moving my right hand moves to my pocket as I carve the word 'KILLER' into her torso with my left hand. The moment I finish I turn to the small girl beside me and take her little hand in my own making the people around us growl in rage but I do nothing more than walk her to the first man I come to and hand her over. When he takes her hand, I pull my own out of my pocket and place the handful of pictures in his shirt pocket before I turn away and allow the shadows to take me.

When I step out of the shadows I am once again in my cave. The wall is closed behind me but I stand to the right of my weapons room with my long fingers trailing over each of the thick stacks of pictures. When I feel a small burn in my scars my fingers stop only to wrap around the thick stack of papers and lift them from the shelf as I put them safely in my pocket and move to the wall of knives and bows. I take a few of the throwing knives down and put them where I had the previous knives, then I grab a quiver and tie it around my back, a bow is quick to join it, two daggers rest on either of my hips, and a single gun rests hidden in both boots with three extra clips if need be. Then, once everything is in place, I am wrapped in shadows once more.

I am taken to a tall tree resting just beside a long empty road. Snow falls all around me as I take in my surroundings but there is not a soul in sight, so I slowly slip out of my tree and drop to the ground allowing my hair to shift from blonde to a deep raven black. Once my hair rests along my torso in a deep shade of black, my eyes shift from blue back to a bright green that nearly matches the green that my mothers eyes had once been. The moment I land I turn to my right and begin walking through the snow filled ground.

This road is familiar to me, not because I have used it, but because he had forced me to memorize each and every road leading to another Pack house. He said it was so I would always know where to go and when if I had ever gotten into any trouble. At the time I did not care why he wished for me to learn them, I was just greatful for it. He had given me an escape route and a way to find each of the bastards that had ever hurt me, so I soaked it all in as if it was a lifeline and in reality I suppose it truly was just that.

This particular road leads to the Red Dawn Pack,  just as it leads to the Blood Moon Pack, which are said to be the two most strongest Packs to live today. Of course it is not to far from Ravens Claw, in the rumours the three Packs are actually quite close in territory and in friendship. They are said to not only help one another when one has a problem, but to also group together and help others if the Alphas are asked for it.