fifteen

I try to listen to the three Alphas before me as they talk over their plans for tomorrow night but it seems absolutely impossible for me to do so when every inch of thought in my mind refuses to leave Zilla for to long. Trying to listen to them works for only a split moment before my thoughts return to a certain black haired devil, but she is not here.

After I had talked with Hunter yesterday morning I had planned to apologize to her for my stupidity, but she never showed up. I waited for her all day, checking trees all around the pack house, going to my house once every two hours to see if she had gone back but she was never there. When night came I sat on the front porch and waited to feel her show up near me but I never felt a single tingle or wave of icy cold heat travel down my spine as it usually does. No, it had been quiet, it had been empty, and I felt so alone without her beside me that I nearly left in search of her. I know she is more than capable of keeping herself safe but my mind and the mate bond refuse to allow me to stop thinking of any and every horrible scenario possible. It has made me just as cold and hateful as she said it would when we are away from one another, and I would normally feel bad for being so rude to everyone even the Omegas that had done nothing but try to sooth me, but I feel absolutely nothing for anybody. I feel cold and empty and it makes me feel so much worse for what I had done to make her feel so bad.

"Dray." Justins deep voice fills my ears and a low growl leaves me as I turn my eyes away from the book she had been reading last only to meet his.

"What?" My deep voice is low and just as icy cold as I know my eyes are and it makes all three of them flinch in slight fear but all they do instead of run away like the others had, is stare at me in worry.

"Your fingers are bleeding." Darrins deep voice is soft as it passes through his lips and I slowly look down to see blood dripping to the floor from where my nails had been a few moments ago.

"If you need some air I can open one of the windows." Hunter looks at me with both of his brows pulled close together and I growl at him as I clench my hand into a tight fist and shove it under the bicep of my right arm.

"I am fine." My words make each of them scoff at me and I glare at them all before I look to the books and glare at them as if it is their fault that my mate had left me. A gasp leaves my lips at the pain that rips through me at the thought of her leaving me, and I cannot catch myself in time to stop my body from crashing to the floor with both of my large hands tangled in my hair and a low groan leaving my clenched teeth.

"Draven!" Hunter is quick to jump out of his chair and run across the room. His right hand is quick to grasp my left shoulder just as his left grasps my right as if to keep me held up but I no longer feel the need to and end up face first in his thigh. "Draven talk to me! Justin go get Gene!" His deep voice is full of pure panic as it leaves him, his large hands are in my thick hair and it makes me feel so damn tired that I can barely force it back. Then, thankfully, just as the darkness begins to take over the door is thrown open and a worried Justin rushes into the room once more only now he has a small pale face, wide eyed Gene with him and the moment she sees me she kneels in front of me only to begin looking me over.

"Was he harmed?" There is disbelief in her voice as it leaves her and the moment each of the Alphas shake their heads she furrows her brows for only a minute before they go up and her mouth forms an 'O' like shape. "It's his mate."

"Is she hurt?" Darrin stands even taller than before just as the other two grow tense with the words but she is quick to shake her head.

"No, when someone like her marks their mate they'll feel many different side effects. Since she is so cold and Broken he'll be just as she usually is whenever she isn't around but when they're together he'll be the same Draven that we all know and fear." Justin snorts at her words but she easily ignores him. "Where is she right now? With her at his side he'll be back to normal within only a few moments."