Chapter 1

*"Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline" 

---------------------------------------------------------

Berry knocked the door.

"Come in", her boss's voice boomed from inside.

She went inside.

"Ah Berry, come have a seat. How was the tour with the client?", he asked.

"It was good. The client was happy with the progress. He already wants to book a date for the launch", she said taking the seat.

"So? What did you say?"

"I wanted to ask you. Do you think we can keep up with the commitment? Although I think we could".

"Yes, yes even I am positive about it. Go ahead and give them a confirmation. They can plan a launch date. The building will be finished by then", he said with optimism, looking relaxed as he leaned back on his chair. Too relaxed actually.

"That's about work", Berry said, "but I wanted to ask about the e-mail. What do mean by taking a break? Are you going on a vacation?"

"Oh no. Not a vacation. I'm taking a retirement", he said shaking his head. His mind seemed to be somewhere else.

Retirement? So suddenly? Berry had not expected that and she was certainly not very jovial about it.

"You know my heart is not doing so well lately. And I have a hard time waking up in the morning. It takes me an hour to just get up from the bed. It's a real pain to get dressed and come to office", he tried to explain his sudden decision.

Berry took her hand and put it on the old man's wrinkled hands that were resting on the desk, feeling sad for him. "Mr. Wild, why don't you get a proper treatment and rest for a while. When you're better you can come back", she tried to persuade him.

"No you don't understand Berry. My performance at work is also getting affected. We lost three very good tenders last month that's a total of five this year and it is only June. At this rate we wont be able to get big tenders anymore".

"But Mr. Wild all our existing customers are happy and satisfied. Isn't it our priority, to have happy customers. So what, if we don't get large amount of tenders. We are at least giving our customers the best. Isn't that what 'Wild Constructions', stands for?"

Her boss looked at her and smiled. His eyes formed a crease. Wearing a white shirt with dark blue blazer, he still looked every bit a businessman that he is. Even at sixty nine he does not look a day over fifty.

"Oh Berry. You're too cute. And so determined for such a young age. But you see I'm almost seventy now. Although I don't show it but trust me when I say that my health isn't what it used to be. You just don't know it", he said and closed his laptop.

Oh she does know. She knows it very well because she notice things. Like while walking he suddenly stops and hold the nearby support to steady himself. Like how she sometimes found him head down on the desk. Like shaking of his hands while pouring tea, signing papers or closings the laptop just like now.

But she never​ shows it. She knew he has his pride and that would get affected if people start thinking that he is not that strong anymore. Others might not notice this. But she does. As she is his personal assistant, she is with him all the time.

But she still don't like the idea of him retiring. He is a nice boss. She have been working here for the past two years and she really enjoy her job. And Mr. Wild has been very kind to her. But it would be selfish of her to think he could stay. It's just that she hated changes. And now with a new boss everything would change. Speaking of new boss.