Chapter 5

*"There's a place that I know
It's not pretty there and few have ever gone
If I show it to you now
Will it make you run away?"
---------------------------------------------------------

Standing here in front of her dad brought back a lot of memories. Her difficult childhood, her mother's death. She was angry at him, so angry that the moment she will start lashing out at him she will choke up with tears.

This anger was deafening, suffocating. It took her piece by piece. She had so much to complain about. But not here. Not like this.

"Do you want to go out in the garden? It's a lovely morning", she asked. But she did not expected an answer. How can she when he can barely move, although she had seen his eyelids moving sometimes. Or it could have been her imagination.

But his rest of the body cannot move. He is paralyzed from the the past six years. In a car accident that took her mother's life.

The funny part is that when it was time for her to lash out at him. To complain to him. He had turned into this. Oblivious to her or anything around him. Or maybe he pretends to not notice anything around him. Doctor said that his conscious brain is not working, hence he is unaware of his surroundings. How convenient, isn't it dad?

As they say ignorance is bliss.

"Your​ nurse is coming in a few minutes. After she has done some check ups we can go out."

Soon the nurse came for his routine check up. While she was doing it Berry walked up to his bed side table. There a picture of her mother stood. Her mother also had brown hair but unlike Berry, her eyes were also brown.

She wondered why she has kept her mother's photo here. It's not like her father is going to notice it. But she had kept it here still. Her beautiful mother's photo.

Her mother, the strongest person she has ever met. Her superman, her protector, her love. The most precious thing in life. And she was taken away from her.

The nurse signalled her that she was done and Berry was allowed to take him outside. So she took his wheelchair and started pushing him towards outside.

#*#*#*

By the time Berry was home it was almost seven. Tomorrow is a Sunday. Sunday's are very hard. Specially if it is followed by Saturday. Saturdays would scrape some old wounds and she would keep on thinking about it for the rest of the weekend.

She don't want to think about it. She hates being so cynical. But she cannot control her mind. Bad thoughts come inside her mind and she can't control it.

Oh it would be so nice if she could go out somewhere. Take her mind off these things. But where? The trips to her grandparents will be wasted in travelling, she would barely have enough time to stay. And she doesn't have any friend in the city.

Or anywhere for that matter.

Will Victor call me tomorrow?, she thought. Don't be stupid Berry. Why would he call you? He is your boss. Bosses don't call their secretaries on weekends. Don't read more than he is offering.

But despite that when she went to bed that night, her heart was hopeful that he will call tomorrow. Maybe for a brunch? She smiled and went to sleep.

#*#*#*

She woke up to her alarm bell. It was Monday. She has a lousy mood as she had expected her boss to call her on Sunday.

He didn't call.

Berry couldn't decide what she was angry about? That he didn't call or that she expected him to call. Never mind she can't waste her time cursing her cursed life. She has to get ready for office.