Chapter 13

*'Falling from cloud nine
Crashing from the high'
---------------------------------------------------------

'We humans are very strange. Knowing that we have to listen to our rational brains. That we should not give in to our hearts. Because this stupid heart is going to get us in trouble. It will make us feel so good, so pleasured. But the moment we fall into trouble, this imbecile heart runs to the back, hides it's face and starts crying. And then our brains sorts out the mess we are in. It happens all the time. It happens again and again. But we never learn. We never learn".
~Sibi
************************************

"Mistress? What do you mean by that?", Berry asked confused at his sudden change in demeanour.

"It means exactly what it is. That I want you to be my mistress", Victor replied.

"Is this a joke Victor? Aren't we dating already?" Berry looked at him trying to assure herself that it's nothing wrong.

"We are. But I want more. I want this arrangement to be exclusive. And I want a clear set of rules, my rules", he stated.

Berry was still not able to comprehend what he was trying to say. She still wanted to believe that this is some kind of a joke. But the looks on his face clearly relayed that he was very serious. Victor suddenly looked like a very different person.

She wanted to say something but she was speechless and still unaware of the gravity of his proposal.

"I want you to be present at every beck and call of mine. I want you to be prepared everytime I ask for you. And your contacts with males should be limited to a bare minimum. I don't want you to have a male friend. And yes I don't want you to work anymore".

"Wait what do you mean by that? Are you already in a relationship with someone else?", She asked, her heart beating loudly thinking about the possibility of his words being true.

"No. But if I want to do that, it should be my decision. You, on the other hand are prohibited from having any other relationship. Don't look at me like that Berry, you won't be at disadvantage here. I will make sure that you are properly taken care of. You will be given a monthly allowance. So you don't need to work anymore."

"What did you just say? Money? You will be paying me money? What exactly do you think I am?", Berry cannot believe that he has reduced her to the value of a prostitute.

"Oh Berry why are you behaving like this", he smiled shaking his head as if he finds all this funny, "you know it and I know it. Then why are we pretending huh? You love the money and I have it. Don't be fussy now just accept what I'm giving you, hmm. If you'll be nice, I'll​ increase your perks. Don't worry. I'm a very generous man.

But in return I expect my money's worth", he said in a condescending tone.

Berry was so enraged by his degrading tone that she wanted to slap him. And keep on slapping him until he is out of his delirium. At the back of her mind there was a nagging feeling her brain was giving her. That I told you, I told you that something was wrong. He couldn't be true. He just couldn't be true. But you didn't listen to me, you listened to your heart. Now see where it has taken you.

"Mr. Wild why suddenly..."

"It's not sudden", he interrupted, "Only you have been made aware just now", he said, his face straight.

"So all this while, everything you said, it was all a lie?"

"I did not lie Berry. Neither did I made any promises. I told you I want you and you liked that. There was no lie in there. But I never made any false promises on wanting anything more in this arrangement".