Chapter 6

*" Before I, I knew what hit me baby.
You were flowing through my veins"
---------------------------------------------------------

The next two months went the same way. Berry has started having lunch regularly with Susan and Sebastian and their friends.

She had become great friends with Susan and Sebastian now. And she was not on talking terms with Victor anymore unless it is work related. They didn't go out anymore for dinners.

Which made her a little upset because she really liked his company. But she had made good friends so she can't really complain.

If it weren't for Victor then she might have never talked to Susan. Susan has also been working for the past two years in this company but she has never really hanged out before. But after Victor she had started talking to her. Whatever the reason, she was glad she made friends. And she will do her best to keep them her friends.

Someone knocked at her door and Sebastian's​ face appeared through the space.

"Hey Berry, you're done?"

"No not yet. I might take ten fifteen minutes more".

"Working late again Berry? Have you seen the time, it's five forty five".

"I know but I have to complete it otherwise it'll get piled up tomorrow"

"I understand. Hey, after you are done, would you like to go out? For​ a dinner maybe".

"Sure I'd love that. Who else is coming?"

"No one. Just you and me".

Berry looked up from her work. Is Sebastian asking her out? Although they have been to many dinners but never alone.

"Are you asking me out?"

"Uh yeah, kinda. So will you come?"

"I would love that", she smiled.

Berry's work was over at six. She started collecting her things just when Sebastian came back.

"So ready?", he asked. But at that moment Berry saw Victor coming out of his office.

Sebastian also noticed her looking behind his shoulder so he turned back.

"Good Evening Mr. Wild", he said to which Victor nodded his head.

"Going somewhere?", he asked looking towards Berry.

"Yes", Berry didn't want to further divulge her plans to Victor.

"Where?", he asked clearly wanted to know more than she was letting on.

"For dinner", Sebastian said.

"I see. Have a nice evening Berry", he simply said and went out the door.

Berry was confused. Did she saw a flicker of anger on his face? Or was it just her imagination? And if he was wishing her a good evening, he could have wished Sebastian too.

"He is strange", Sebastian interrupted her thoughts.

"Yes. Very". She replied.

#*#*#*

Berry took a last look in the mirror and went out the door. Reaching the office ten minutes early as usual she started arranging her desk which she hadn't done last night since Victor had left before her without asking her to clean it.

She had a nice time with Sebastian last night although there was a bit of awkwardness between them. They both were not able to initiate a proper conversation with each other, every topic seemed forced. But regardless they were fine. Friendship is not something that comes naturally to Berry as she has always lived as a reserved person but she knows that friendship is a treasure that not many get. And if she is getting a chance at it, she would keep it.