Prolugue

"when you look a long time into the Abyss, the Abyss starts looking into you".

Third POV:

In the land of Ionia, the land of nature of magic, where the spiritual arts are practiced, there are many things a person can see. This scene, however, is not one of them.

Out of nowhere, Near one of its vast mountains that are full of trees and life, strange black fog started appearing in the sky.

From the fog, a figure appeared and fell into the trees below, taking a few branches with them.

After their body connected with solid ground, it lay motionless for a few seconds with tree branches falling on it.

The figure started groaning in pain as they stood up revealing their form. It was a tall man wearing dark-themed clothing.

He had a dark shirt with its neck reaching his nose. He was wearing a pointy metal hat with a small mask connected to it with a few strands of white hair visible from the back of the head.

On his left shoulder and arm was armor connected with straps to his chest with a dark red cape connected to both shoulders under the armor.

His right hand was covered by black leather straps. On his knees were armor covering them and he was wearing brown boots.

He had a big, long and slim greatsword strapped to his back, and on his waist was a brutal looking dagger.

He shook his head and reached inside his pocket, and pulled out a glass bottle that contained a golden glowing liquid.

"(Oh, thank the Old Wolf of Farron,)" he thought grateful that the bottle didn't break in the fall.

He took a drink, surprisingly with the neck of his shirt still covering his face. His body then glowed a golden color and he felt his wounds heal.

The man put the bottle back in his pocket and looked around. He was in a forest at the side of a mountain.

He started walking around trying to familiarize himself with his surroundings. He has been to many forests, yet he didn't recognize where he was.

He wasn't in the swamps of Farron keep, nor the Road of sacrifice. No castles were around, so he rolled out the thought of being in Lothric or Anor Londo. Since there are no corpses around, he was definitely not in the undead settlement, and since he can see the morning sun he doubted he was anywhere near the Boreal Valley.

"where am I?" he asked. The last thing he remembers is fighting a few Dark Wraiths, then... Something grabbed him and pulled him into the darkness, and then he fell in this forest.

Did the Abyss send him into a new area? Perhaps, but it didn't matter. The important thing is that he wasn't corrupted. He would deal with what crosses his path without a problem, but he still needed to find a Bonfire to prepare himself.

The man kept walking for a while without any signs of civilization, Hollows, beasts or anything for the matter of fact. Just trees.

It was getting irritating. He traveled long distances before, he once walked all the way from Lothric to Irithyll. But he preferred using Bonfires since traveling by foot was so... Time-consuming.

He was brought out of his thoughts when he heard a scream. It sounded like a small child, so he grabbed the handle of his sword and ran towards the source of the sound.

The sound came from a little boy wearing a brown shirt, black pants, and brown boots. He was holding a little puppy in his arms and running through the trees.