2

"To abandon one's self in search for strength… How tragic…"

Third POV:

The carriage had been going the whole day, it had to stop at midnight in order to let the horses rest before continuing tomorrow. It was now at the side of a dirt road in the middle of the forest.

Ahri sighed as she came out of the back and jumped down. She stretched her limbs that were slightly cramped from not moving for a few hours. This is why she preferred traveling by foot, having her movement restricted didn't feel nice.

The Abyss Watcher jumped down after her but he barely did anything else. It's like sitting down for hours didn't bother him at all. Which, in all honesty, was the case since he was used to sitting in front of a Bonfire for who knows how long.

"Now, we'll just stay put until dawn, at least to let the horses rest," the carriage driver said from his seat at the front. He then remembered something the made him flinch. "Oh, right," he said and the two passengers looked at him noticing the tone in his voice. "I just remembered that I only brought food for only one person, I didn't think on anyone joining," he said before motioning to the carriage. "Normally, I would allow you to take something from the carriage… but, I promised that I would deliver all of it, so I can't give you any."

Ahri sighed with a hand on her face, she really should have prepared herself. She didn't feel right doing this, but seeing that she didn't have many options, she decided to use her magic on the driver again to at least share his food.

"It doesn't matter," Grey said catching both Ahri and the driver off guard. "We'll just hunt for something," he said making their eyes widen.

Hunting deep in the forest this late at night was one of the stupidest things any of them can think of. Mostly because anything worth hunting goes into hiding and the predators start venturing the forest.

"You can't be serious," Ahri stated. If he was that desperate for food, then she can use more magic on the driver to share his food.

The Abyss Watcher simply glanced at her over his shoulder before he started walking towards the forest. He was obviously serious about hunting for something to eat.

"Is he going to be alright?" the driver asked, concerned about the Undead Swordsman.

Ahri just silently stared at where he went off. He didn't strike her as the person who wouldn't know how dangerous the jungle can be at night, so he was either brave or foolish, she couldn't tell.

She decided that it wasn't her problem. If he dies, then it was because of his own actions, not hers. Just as she was about to turn to the driver and use her magic on him, she stopped. Her gaze fell to where the Abyss Watcher had gone again.

The black-haired Vastaya scowled. It seems her conscience didn't want her to go through with it. First, she was almost brainwashing the driver into giving her his food. Second, she felt that simply ignoring Grey's actions was just downright cruel.

So, with a sigh, Ahri walked to the carriage and climbed to sit down on the edge. "Go ahead and eat before sleeping, I'll wait for him," she said putting her elbows on her knees and resting her head on her hands.

The driver looked at her surprised. He was expecting her to ask him to share some food or to allow her to take some food from inside the carriage.

However, he wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth, so he walked towards his seat, climbed on it, and took out a bag from his side that contained some food and water.

Meanwhile, Ahri kept looking at the direction of the Abyss Watcher's departure. She told herself that she'll give him thirty minutes. If he's late, then she'll consider him dead, and her conscience can't bother her since it was his fault.