9

"People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes."

Third POV:

Grey was facing the unknown creature as it floated in front of him. Neither of them has said a thing since the former asked the latter for their identity, which they replied by an odd musical sound, making Grey believe that the creature was either speaking a very odd language or simply cannot speak in the first place.

Grey kept his grip on his sword. While the creature did help and it seemed mostly harmless, that did not take away the possibility that it can still turn hostile within a second. Far more peaceful-looking things in the Abyss Watcher's home turn hostile faster than that.

Suddenly, the creature finally made some movement. It started circling Grey, making sure to always face him as it slowly went around him in a circle in the air.

The Abyss Watcher was easily able to find out what the creature was doing. It was studying him. It was looking at everything from his armor, to his posture, and even the way he moved his kneck to keep looking at it.

The creature finally stopped circling after it came in front of him again. It raised its hand and held a single finger before he started waving it in the air. A line of light followed the finger, which the creature used to write on the air.

When the creature was done, Grey recognized what he wrote as Ionian from what he saw, but he still couldn't understand it. "I don't speak Ionian," the Abyss Watcher confessed.

The creature put a hand on the hair that acted as a beard, most likely thinking of another way to communicate. The Undead Swordsman was very curious about this creature. It can definitely understand him, but he didn't understand it.

After a few seconds of thinking, the creature began writing on air using light from his finger again. To Grey's absolute surprise, it was writing in runes from his home, not Ionia. Once finished, the creature has finished writing a single word, which was 'Bard'.

"Bard?" Grey looked at the creature with a raised eyebrow. "Is that your name?" creature - Bard - nodded, confirming Grey's suspicions that the fact only the name was written was merely a test to see if the Abyss Watcher can read what the creature was writing. "Why are you here, Bard?"

Bard wrote on the air again, this time making more than just a single word, again using a language that Grey was very familiar with. 'You do not belong here' was written on the air after he was finished.

It wasn't meant in any threatening way. It was simply Bard stating natural facts like saying that water was wet, and Grey wholeheartedly agreed. "That is why I'm searching for a way back where I come from," the Abyss Watcher said.

Bard then put a hand on his 'beard' again and started circling the Grey just like before. After going into another full circle, he turned his head to the direction of where Ahri was resting.

Grey became cautious while also reminding himself to check on Ahri after what that dark creature did. But, Bard simply turned back to look at him, showing that he has no intention of including Ahri in their meeting.

"You know the language of my world," Grey decided to be the one to start speaking this time. "Does that mean you know a way there?" Bard nodded, giving him confirmation. "Can you take me?" again, Bard nodded. However, being able to do something and willing to do it are two different things. "Will you take me there?"

Just as Grey suspected, the creature shook his head, showing him that he didn't desire to get him back home. Before Grey can ask why, the creature held up his hand and showed a folded piece of paper.