7

"A code must be determined by the individual."

Third POV:

In the Ionian mountains, at the farm that Grey had first appeared at, the farmer had just finished today's work and was walking towards his house. Beside him was his son, carrying a bucket of milk that they had just got from the barn.

His wife was waiting at their front door, making sure they were okay. Ever since the incident, she had been regularly checking on them to make sure her son didn't wander off and put himself in danger again.

They had all entered their house together… when the door suddenly slammed behind them, causing them to jump in surprise. They huddled together and turned around to see Akali, standing beside the door.

"W-Who are you?" the farmer asked, pulling his wife and son from the woman, who was obviously an assassin from her attire.

"I told you we should have knocked," another voice spoke out, surprising them again as they saw Kennen, sitting in the middle of the living room with a cup of tea in his hands.

Akali rolled her eyes. "Relax, we're from the Kinkou order," she revealed, seeing that the family was starting to panic.

The mother and father seemed to have calmed down, but only slightly. The son was obviously still too young to know what they were talking about. "Oh, you're from the Order?" the farmer asked, receiving a nod from the two intruders. "Alright, please take Sora to his room," he instructed his wife who nodded and started guiding the boy upstairs. Akali and Kennen didn't seem to have a problem with that, the latter finished his tea and stood up to stand beside Akali. "Is there something I can help you with?" he asked, wondering if there was something wrong with his farm to gain the attention of the Kinkou Order.

"We're just asking for some information," Akali said, still leaning beside the door. "Tall, dark clothes, red cape, pointy metal hat, and a large sword, ring any bells?" the farmer's eyes noticeably widen at that description, recognizing it almost instantly. "So, he was here."

Akali and Kennen had been able to follow the Abyss Watcher from the way they came from to a village, where they found dead bodies outside of it in the woods. At first, they were horrified but then found out that they were working with slavery, so any remorse they felt was gone.

Afterward, they followed the tracks again while asking around town, which got them to find out that the Abyss Watcher got there through a carriage. They tracked where it came from to another town, and then followed the rest of the tracks to this farm.

"What do you know about him?" Kennen asked, seeing that the farmer clearly knows something.

"I-Is he in trouble?" the man asked hesitantly.

Both Kennen and Akali raised an eyebrow in confusion, wondering why he would care. "No, not really. We're just checking on where he came from," Akali replied. She wasn't really lying. They had nothing against the Undead Swordsman. And, if he was really the one who killed those slavery men, then they were probably going to thank him.

The farmer seemed troubled. "Honestly, I don't know. He appeared out of nowhere and saved my son's life," he answered their previous question, while also making them realize why he was concerned for the Abyss Watcher.

"What did he exactly do when he was here? After saving your son's life, that is," Akali asked, hoping to find any valuable information.

“Ask for directions,” the farmer replied.

“To what?” Akali asked again.

“Well, everything really,” he replied, causing them to look at him in confusion. “At first, he asked about this land, and then asked about Runeterra itself, as if he didn’t know anything about it,” that seemed to further confuse the two Kinkou members. how can someone not know the land they’re on? “I think he’s headed to the Institute of War now, since I mentioned that it might help him get back home.”