3

"Surely you have seen for yourself… the pain and suffering that fills this world."

Third POV:

It has been a couple of hours since Ahri had separated from the mysterious man named Grey. She has been walking through the village, trying to find a ride to the next town to save herself the trouble of walking there. "I'm sorry, but I can't think of anything," another merchant on the ground said, answering her question about where she can find a ride.

The Nine-Tailed Vastayan sighed. "Thank you for your time," she said politely before she started moving away while keeping her cloak covering her.

Honestly, she was tempted to walk there just so she can take the cloak off during the way. Keeping her tails so restricted wasn't very comfortable. Plus, her ears also preferred to be uncovered instead of having the hood of the cloak on top of them.

Ahri then looked over her shoulder, to see two familiar men at the merchant where she used to be. She narrowed her eyes in suspicion. She had noticed them stopping at every place she was at right after she left, trying to look like they were shopping. They were trying to follow her unnoticed, but they weren't doing a very good job in her opinion.

This isn't the first time someone was after her. After all, she was the legendary Demon fox that took people's souls. That reputation was bound to get people after her. She honestly blamed no one but herself for that. But, her guilt wasn't strong enough to let her give up her life like that… yet.

Ahri knew that she couldn't exactly lose them in the crowd. After all, it wasn't really that hard to find someone who was covering their entire body in a cloak in the middle of a town filled with traditionally dressed people and taking off the cloak would only make her stick out more.

Seeing no other option but to either confront them or ignore them. The first one was more dangerous since it might leave her open for attacks. So, she had to lead them somewhere and confront them. This was her fight, the people around had nothing to do with it.

Looking around, she spotted an alley that would lead to one of the edges of the village. Ahri walked through the people and entered the alleyway, wanting to get out of the place.

"She's moving," one of the men noted as he saw where she took off. "That leads towards the forest. We'll make a move there," he told his partner who took out a strange, rectangular whistle before blowing on it.

To the people around, it looked like a grown man playing with a children's whistle, so they didn't pay it any mind. But, in truth, they were calling for their partners who were spread out and getting ready for their signal so they can strike.

Ahri had made it out of the village and into the forest. It was sunset, so the place was covered in an orange glow. The shadows of the large trees gave a slightly dark aura to the area. She made sure to make a safe distance from the village before looking around.

The only thing around her was trees. No people. No animals. Perfect for a little scuffle. "I know you're there, come out," Ahri said as she turned around.

However, now she realized that this would far more than a little scuffle. What came out of the woods were 12 men, all surrounding her in a circle. Ahri immediately cursed her cloak. If her ears weren't covered, then she might have heard these people gather while following her.

They were all wearing a dark silver armor the covered their shoulders, chest, forearms, and knees. The chest plate had a blue diamond in the center with golden edges. They were wearing dark brown pants with a chain-mail shirt for extra protection. They held a variety of short-range weapons, such as swords, maces, and clubs.