Six: Gabriel/ Reno

Gabriel 

I continued to breathe evenly through my mouth, wiping my sweaty blonde hair off my face. Just as my lungs felt like they were going to burst, luckily my little apartment came into view. After stopping by the mailbox I bent down and tried to catch my breath. Geez, who knew taking a couple of weeks off running would be so brutal.

Once it felt like I wasn't going to die, I crunched through the snow and up the creaky stairs. The sound of the shower filled the apartment once I opened the door. Grabbing my sweaty hair, I pinned it up before walking into the kitchen for some water. My eyes gravitated towards the few pictures we had displayed on the fridge.

Some people may see the same person sitting with me, but I could tell the difference. Reno was the one scowling with his mouth but smiling with his eyes. Pete was the one hiding halfway behind my body. It was hard at times being married to a man with a multiple personality disorder, and I even felt horrible thinking that. Reno wasn't a disorder; he was a man and someone I loved very much. It was rough going to bed with Pete and waking up with Reno or vice versa, simply because it was always a guessing game. If Reno was mad at me, he could stay away for weeks. If Pete was scared he'd have Reno come out for him. That being said, I wouldn't change my life for anything.

After grabbing my water I sat down at the small kitchen table and started rummaging through the mail. I smiled when I saw my step sister Luna's baby announcement. The day she had found out she was pregnant she called me and basically screamed from excitement. Now I stared at the beautiful pictures of her little baby boy, my nephew. I remember the first time meeting him and absolutely falling in love with him. Pete had been with me that day and was also in love with him.

"Hey," a deep voice said from behind me. I felt a pair of lips kiss my hair as I looked up to see Reno.

"Hey! Look," I said while holding the pictures up for him to see. "Luna sent out birth announcements for Benjamin. Isn't he the cutest?"

Reno raised an eyebrow as he took the pictures out of my hand. "He looks like a normal baby to me."

Rolling my eyes I chuckled while saying, "But he's family so that automatically makes him the cutest baby ever." Taking the pictures back I stared at his little face while feeling my face melt. "God I just want to pinch his cheeks."

"Okay can you stop looking at those pictures like that?" He suddenly asked as he walked over to the fridge. He sounded a little pissed off, which made me put the pictures down. Reno had grabbed a beer from the fridge and was now leaning against the counter.

"How am I staring at them? I'm admiring my nephew."

"Stop staring at them like it'll ever happen to us."

When he said that he sighed before taking a giant sip of the beer. We had never talked about children before, but I guess we were about to now. "What are you talking about?"

Reno gave a hard laugh before spitting out, "We're never having children Gabriel."

It felt like something inside of me dropped when he said that. "That's a pretty big decision Reno; shouldn't we talk about this some more? I mean we've never even talked about children before."

"Well we're talking about it now."

"This isn't talking; you're automatically ruling them out!"

"Yeah, I am. We're not having fucking kids."

Getting up from the table, I crossed my arms over my chest before standing in front of him. "This marriage isn't a dictatorship. We talk about things, we talk things through. Why are you being like this?"