Nine: Perry/ Aaron

A/N: The whole reason I wrote this chapter today was because of someone who hurt me. You'll never ever read this John, but I wish you would. You sucked all the life out of me and made me once again not believe in love. I wish you were different, I wish I was over you. This chapter is really long. 

Perry

My eyes glanced around the busy high school hallway before spotting someone walking towards me. The boy was hiding under a baggy sweatshirt, his hands buried deep in his ripped jean pockets. He had a few black curls falling into his dark eyes as the student walking with him kept talking. When he stopped in front of me, I knew instantly who he was. "Aly," I said with a friendly smile.

He remained quiet for a second, his dark eyes quickly glancing around the hallway before he looked at the guy next to him. They were honestly quite the pair. Aly was pretty tall, he was taller than me, and lanky looking. His skin was dark as night while his friend was pale like me. "Hi, I'm Perry."

The smaller guy gave me a glance up and down before glancing back at Aly. "I'm Javier," he quietly said. The thing they seemed to share was a thick mop of black curly hair, which he kept running his hand through. "I need to go. Bye."

With that Javier grabbed a sketchbook from his bag before walking down the now clear hallway. Aly watched him for half a second before looking back over at me. I gave him my best smile before asking, "You guys good friends?"

He shrugged before saying, "I don't need friends."

A frown formed onto my face while sliding my hands into my pockets. "Everyone deserves a friend."

Aly simply shrugged before he started looking around the hallway. "Can we go somewhere else?"

"Of course. Would you like to come to my office?"

"No. School is fine." He kept looking around the hallway nervously until he asked, "Can we go outside? I'm feeling claustrophobic."

"Yes of course. Come on."

We walked down the hallway before walking outside. There were a few students around, some waiting for their ride and some chatting with friends. Luckily there was a free spot by the front steps we were able to park ourselves.

"So Aly," I said while looking over at him. "What would you like to talk about?"

He stayed silent for a moment until he started picking at his fingernails. "I don't even think you can help me."

"I can sure try." When he remained silent I said, "I'm not going to give up on you Aly. I'll be here to help you through whatever it is you're going through."

His dark eyes were finally looking up at me as he whispered, "I really don't know how you can help. I just think... I'm in too deep."

"Walk me through it."

He got very quiet when a group of girls walked by, all giggling when they saw Aly. He just frowned at them before his face softened and his eyes zeroed in on something behind me. Slowly turning around I saw Javier sitting under a tree drawing in a sketchbook. I smiled before turning back towards Aly, who was now picking at his run down Nikes.

"My dad was a dealer until he apparently got shot at a drug deal gone wrong. We were never really close; I may have talked to him a few times. When he died, my mom lost her shit. She would stand by the window and just scream his name before wandering into the living room to get high. After awhile she ran out of money so she started making me be the delivery boy. She just wasn't herself, and started taking it out on me. Long story short she got me addicted and I got taken away from her. I got put in foster care and apparently she killed herself or something."