Eight: Wes

A/N: Little spicy in the beginning but not too much.

Walking out of the courtroom, I yawned before finishing up the last bit of paperwork before getting into my car. The drive home seemed longer than usual before finally pulling into our driveway. Noah's car was already here, thank god. I had started to untie my necktie while walking into the front door. Immediately something seemed off, the house just seemed upset. Gently shutting the door behind me, I started to walk through the house before hearing cursing.

Things have been... tense ever since Noah found out Greg had started drinking again. Noah seemed to be angry almost all the time which is so out of his character. Of course he relaxes when the children are over or when we're close to one another. I've been really worried about him, I felt useless.

"You think I haven't tried that? I feel like a fucking failure Francine!" Poking my head into the kitchen I saw Noah slamming cupboards while on the phone.

I watched him angrily continue to walk around the kitchen making me realize he wasn't actually baking or cooking. There were various items spread around the counters but nothing was open. "I know, I know."

Walking into the kitchen, I watched as his shoulders relaxed when he saw me. It was crazy that nothing had really changed about his appearance after all these years. His hair was always still styled on his head, hardly any gray hair on his head. He barely even had any wrinkles either. Honestly he seemed immortal to me. My hair was sprinkled with gray and I had weird new wrinkles on my body. It made me feel so much older than him because he honestly looked so young. He was just beautiful inside and out and that was why it upset me to see him so sad and mad.

"Yeah, I'm still here. Wes actually just walked in so I'll talk to you later. I know, thank you. I'll talk to you later, love you."

With that he hung up the phone before glancing up at my face. "Are you okay?" I asked while rubbing my hands up and down his back.

He frowned before saying, "Greg called me completely wasted today. He said some pretty hurtful things to me and it just... it reminded me of how he used to be growing up."

"Noah, I'm so sorry." He nodded before burying his face into my chest. I glanced around the kitchen while feeling his fingers run up and down my chest. "Were you making something?"

"I tried to but stopped. I just haven't been in the mood to make anything I guess. How was work?"

"Long," I said as he looked up at me.

His fingers traced lines on my face as his thumbs gently touched the bags under my eyes. "You look really tired."

"I'm fine."

His face fell before he said, "I know it's been a little stressful around here lately. And I'm sorry."

"No Noah, don't apologize. You have absolutely nothing to apologize for okay?"

He nodded before staying silent for awhile. We both remained silent as we were just enjoying each others company. "Do you want to go take a shower?" He asked after a few peaceful silent moments.

"I'd love that."

He grabbed my hand before walking up the stairs to our bathroom. Once in our room he started up the shower as I took my suit off. My muscles ached and screamed in pain, god I was so old. Before I had a chance to dwindle on my age Noah was gently grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the shower.

The hot water made me groan in a good way, it felt so good. My eyes shut while feeling the water glide over my body. Opening them once again I saw Noah sticking his head under the water before grabbing the shampoo. He smiled up at me before massaging my hair.