His secret

Laura sat on his bed, nervous. She crossed her legs and put her hands on her thighs. She looked at the Cardinal and he grabs her hands and kisses one softly. Laura's face turned dark red. 

"You did wonderful, darling" He said and purrs a little.

Laura couldn't say anything and she just looked at him. After a while, she spoke. 

"Why did you-" He cut her off. 

"Can't I show you my appreciation? No one listens to me..." He said kinda grumpy. 

"Don't worry..." Laura didn't know what to do. She slowly pulls her hands away. Cardinal's face had a sad expression on it. He looked at her as if he wanted her to explain. 

"I...I know you have other, prettier sisters wanting you, don't you?" She said getting teary eyed. He sat up straight and didn't speak for a while. 

"Laura, honey, if I wanted them....i probably would have by now..." Cardinal's voice got quiet. She just looked at him with no expression. 

"But...I want you.." He said looking away. All Laura could do was sit there in silence. She remembered her and her boyfriend had split up, but he's not over her. She looked over at Cardinal and sees he's looking down. She tilts his chin up so they make eye contact. Laura grabbed the chain of his grucifix and kisses him and pulls back. Cardinal has the biggest smile she has ever seen. 

"Our secret, okay?" He said kinda shaky. Laura nodded in agreement. 

"I advise you to go to your bedroom before someone sees" He continued as he kisses her hand. 

"Good night, my lovely" He told her as she smiled and leaves. On the way there, she was stopped by Sister Imperator. She swallowed hard. 

"Come with me" She demanded. Laura's heart raced as she followed behind her.