First Day Home

They arrived home and Laura got out first. She helped him out. He gazed at the church in awe. 

"This is my home?" He asked confused. She nodded. 

"You're quite the ladies man." She joked. He laughed a bit and walked forward and she followed behind. 

There was a welcoming committee of ghouls that startled Cardinal

There was a welcoming committee of ghouls that startled Cardinal. He stood behind her like a shy child. 

"They are no harm. It's okay" She spoke calmly. The ghouls have him a robe that was silky and comfy to his liking. They also provided a water bottle. He soon calmed down. He went to the altar room and saw the pane glass of the Emeritus brothers.  He scoffed. 

"Something wrong?" She asked. 

"They are not the ones we worship" He looks at her "why are they up there?" 

"Well...to my knowledge, each papa represents a sin. I'm unfamiliar with what sin Papa I is. But Papa II is anger and Papa III is lust. Or as some sisters of sin call him 'the lord of lust'" She explained clearly. He had a face of understanding then sadness. 

"Then...what am I?" He asked, looking at her hoping for an answer. 

"You'll find your place. I'll show you who you were..." She takes his hand and leads him to his room.  He sits down on his king sized bed. He picks up a framed photo of them. He smiled warmly. 

This is us..." He said while beckoning her to sit down. She did. She pulled her phone out and showed him a video of him singing during a Sunday mass. His eyes widened. 

"Thats MY voice?" He asked very happy. 

She laughed. "Yes, Cardinal". Eventually, both of them felt sleepy. As she got up to leave, he grabbed her arm. 

"Please stay." He asked politely. As she sat down, she accidentally kicked his bag over from the hospital. She heard pills rattle. 

"Mind if I...?" She looked at him as he nodded. She looked inside and it was a doctors note. The note read: 

"These are prescribed to 𝐶𝑎𝑟𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑙 𝐶𝑜𝑝𝑖𝑎 age; 25 Sex; Male Weight; 189 lb. Anti-depressants."

Laura's heart raced for a second then she calmed down. 

"Next time tell me about these." She asked. He rolled his eyes. 

"Not a big deal..." He jokes. She set the pills down and she got in bed with him. She saw he was bleeding through his bandages and quickly got help. He spent the night in the church hospital room. Yes indeed, challenge accepted Dark Lord.

AUTHORS NOTE: I made the Cardinal younger to be closer to Laura's age (18). Thank you for reading!