chapter four

gabriella
the car ride was short, but it was quiet. gilbert was surprised to see what i was wearing, so i didn't know if he was upset or not. if he was, my reason would be on the passenger seat.

not long after, we had pulled over a dark street, cars all lines up, and one house shone from the rest, litterally. blue and red lights flared out the windows, somewhat makinng that house look like there was some alien abduction happening inside.

"you ready?" aaron looked back, at me. i nodded, "ready as i'll ever be." and followed a sigh right after. we all got out of the car and i followed close behind the two, taking the smallest steps.

how can someone even walk with a skirt this short?

as we walked up the house, the music was so loud, yet so muffled, i can feel the beats replace my hearbeat. we got to the door, and it wasn't even near ten but there were already people passed out on the yard.

we stood in front of the door, and i quickly grabbed aaron by the arm, as i held tightly.

from the dim colored lights i saw him look back at me, before he and gilbert guided ourselves inside.

instantly, my nostrils were engulfed by the stench of alcohol and endless clouds of smoke. the music had gotten a whole lot louder when we got inside, and it seemed as though it was the only thing i could hear.

aaron said, or more like mouthed something, before guiding me somewhere. just a few footsteps later, the music seemed to subside and we entered the kitchen that was surprisingly almost empty, considering this was a party.

i also noticed that gilbert wasn't with us anymore, and the only other people here were on the other side of the island, talking, also holding red solo cups.

"drink?" i looked over to see aaron by the open fridge. i walked over to him, "what?"

"okay, i take it as you've never drank before." he chuckled, making his tight jawline more exposed. "it should be self-explanatory why, though." i muttered, taking a seat on the high chair, facing him.

i crossed my legs, as he poured something to two solo cups, which i didn't even bother to know. it'd probably be better.

i think i dozed off, again, because i was just snapped out of my thoughts by aaron waving the cup in front of me. i blinked before grabbing the cup, and lifting the rim to my lips.

the drink had a mix of clear, but foggy liquid, and smelled foreign to me. out of the corer of my eye, i could make out aaron's figure looking at me.

well, there's no turning back now.

i tilted the cup, and soon the drink touched my lips, so i parted it and the taste of the bittersweet drink lingered on my tongue and throat moments after i swallowed a portion of it.

"wow, okay. you seem like a strong drinker." he chuckled, before a random person entered the kitchen for an announcement. "the others already left, and we're playing games upstairs, just come up if you want to join." and left instantly.

i looked back at aaron, but before i could fully shift my vision, he had already taken my hand and pulled me off the chair. sparks erupted, and i'm not even kidding you, it wasn't butterflies that i felt, more like fire erupting inside me, which, felt good somehow.

we entered a room with quite some people sat on a circle. some i knew, some i didn't. i could see gilbert sitting next to this girl i've seen a couple of times, and there's also simon, which came to me as a surprise because i did not see him at all throughout the whole party, but, then again, we were in the kitchen.

he was on his phone, and the other people i could familiarize myself with was the famous toxic couple, valentina warren and joseph birlem. they were being lovey dovey, and we got to sit right across from them! yay! note the sarcasm.

"okay, first game, let's start easy. truth or dare!" people cheered, but i stayed quiet, trying to hide my dignity as much as i could with these damned short skirt. i guess aaron noticed because next thing i knew, he was putting his jacket on my lap, so i could cover my exposed legs.

i looked up at him and smiled. why had i not met him before?

for a small second i looked at joseph, and at that exact millisecond our eyes connected so i quickly looked at the bottle being spun. it landed on aaron, and the guy who spun the glass bottle seemed ecstatic.

"okay, aaron, truth or dare?" he smirked, while aaron confidently chose dare.

"i dare you, to make out with your date for ten seconds! with tongue." he laughed after making slurping and kissing noises. he rolled his eyes as i took another swig of the drink.

the more i drank it, the more it tasted like strawberries.

and i love strawberries.
.
"fuck you, harry." he turned to me, his eyes turned soft. i didn't know what i was feeling, or what was happening to me, but this boy is definately a reason.

"are you okay about this?" i don't know about you guys, but just him asking if it was okay or not was cute, and classy.

i smiled, thowing a thumbs up, my eyes barely opening. okay, maybe i should stop eith the drink. my sight and memory became patchy, but i do remember my memory coming back to aaron's hand on my cheek, me slowly leaning in, and our lips attaching on one another.

well that was a lot of firsts in one night.