Ch.5

Get your friends to read!

  ~ Matt's P.O.V ~

Gosh I'm bad at trying to act cool. Jesus, I've known this girl since 3rd grade. I practically stalk her. Well, that sounded less weird the first time. Anyways, I just wanna tell her how I feel. I always have had this huge crush on her and I've barely even talked to her. Even when I was dating a couple girls these past couple years, it's always been her. Always. Never did I ever like any other girl more then her. It's just something about her. Yeah, I'm a jock and she's a nerd. I sighed and kept driving. It'll never work. But I really, really liked this girl. She's so pretty though. A couple of the jocks, including myself, have always talked about how gorgeous and perfect she is, but it'll never work cause we're in two seperate worlds. But then again, I was once, and still am, like her, a nerd. I smiled as I pulled up. "Lets go." I smiled and got out.

  ~Cassie's P.O.V ~

I smiled and got out and I walked along side him. "I'll race you to the bleachers." I smirked. "It's on." He smiled and started running. I ran , giving him a head start. I ran and caught up to him and I beat him. He was out of breath. "How?!" He laughed. "I'm the best on the track team. Too much for a football player to handle, huh?" I smirked. He chuckled and nodded. I smiled and unlocked the gate to the football field and I walked to the center of the field and layed there. Matt followed and layed beside me. "So. I wanna get to know you more, Cass." I smiled and blushed. Cass. He gave me a nickname. Oh my gosh why can't he just be mine? Oh yeah. Cause we're in two different worlds. I smiled. "Well, I'm 16. I like reading, music, writing, movies, and wifi. Oh and food." I smiled and giggled. "Lets just ask eachother questions." I added since I was so bad at describing myself. "Favorite movie?" He asked and I thought about it. There's so many. "Hm..I have a lot but..The Fault In Our Stars." I smiled. "Mine's The Notebook. Call me a girl, whatever." He smiled and laughed. "Favorite actress?" I thought about the question. "Jennifer Lawrence and Shailene Woodley." I smiled and stared up at the sky. "My favorite actress is Jennifer Lawrence. You stealer." He smirked and laughed. It's weird how much we have in common. "Okay..on 3 we'll say our favorite author." He smiled. "1..2..3..Nicholas Sparks." We both said Nicholas Sparks in sync. "Wow. This is weird." He looked over at me smiling. I nodded. "Favorite actor?" I thought again. "Hm..Ansel Elgort and Josh Hutcherson." I smiled. "Mine's Liam Hemsworth. Team Gale all the way." I laughed. "No way! Team Peeta." I giggled. "Favorite tv show?" This was easy. "Pretty Little Liars and Say Yes To The Dress. Also, The Fosters." I smiled. "I like Supernatural and Law and Order." I smiled. "Me too, but they're not my favorites." I smiled and yawned. Why was I so tired? "So..now what?" I asked and smiled. "Well, I have a special place here that I always go to think. C'mon. I'll show it to you..not many people go there." I smiled and he held his hand out. I took it and he pulled me up. I followed behind him and we reached a big old gazebo that was facing a lake. "Wow..it's so pretty." I smiled as I glanced at all the trees and flowers surrounding it. It was honestly beautiful. I could sit here all day if I wanted. I smiled over at him. "Pretty, isn't it?" I nodded and smiled. "Yeah , it is." He smiled and looked down. "Like you.." I died. I'm dead. I'm dead. I can't believe he just said that. I have to be dreaming.. I'm blushing like crazy. I know it. I am blushing . I have to be. I smiled and looked down. We both stayed silent for a couple minutes. I didn't know what to say. I was speechless..literally. He then broke the silence. "I-I'm sorry..I shouldn't have said that..I mean..I just met you and I'm stupid..I'm sorry." He looked down. I felt bad. I frowned and looked at him. "It's okay..it didn't bother me..I promise." No matter how long I've liked him and how much I like him, I wasn't just gonna rush it. I mean, that'd look like I'm thirsty and pushy and clingy. I don't wanna come off like that. I need to get to know him more. Know his secrets, his past, his flaws, everything I should know. He smiled a bit but I could tell he was hurt. I know he doesn't like me. It's just a phase. I'm just another girl that he thinks he likes but once he knows me, I never talk or see him again. It's just how it works when you like a popular guy. I sighed and sat on the bench facing the water. I didn't wanna make him think I like him, cause I don't wanna get hurt. I know I'm gonna get hurt either way, but I don't wanna get hurt just yet. My heart just can't handle anymore hurt or negative things.