0.3

Now:

Riley:

After 6 years we are still best friends. We changed a lot since we were 16, especially Jordan. He isn't the shy boy he was back then. He openly talks about everything that happens in his life. We both live very different lives, but still try to see each other daily. He is working in the music industry and now starting his own band with two other boys who work there. One of them is about 8 years older than us and he has a lot of experience with being in a band and writing good successful songs. Then you have me, I work at the local hospital and have a different schedule from him. Sometimes I work nightshifts, sometimes I work the 24 hours shift. But one thing isn't different, we are both 22 and still single.

Sometimes I feel different around him, like I want to be more than just best friends. Every time he hugs me, my heart skips a beat. Every time he talks to me, I can't help but stare at his lips. But I can't have feelings for him. I still remember making that deal with him. 'We need to make one deal, never get feelings for each other. It only brings problems and it will end up ruining our friendship.' He said.

So every time it gets difficult for me, every time I need a moment to stop thinking about him, I go to "Our Place". It's not very special, it's just a small bench in the back of Central Park. We always went there when one of us was feeling down, then we would call each other to meet there. It was our meeting spot, our cry spot, our 'I need alone time' spot. I'm afraid that one day I will go there and he will be there too. Then I will need to explain it to him. Then he will get mad, he will leave me and I will be all by my own.

4pm:

From Jordaaaan:

Heyy Rileyyy you want to hang @my place? Mitchy and Sam are here too.

To jordaaaan:

Okayy I'll be there in 10

From Jordaaaan:

Okayyy

10 minutes later:

I parked my car in the parking lot and took the elevator to the 10th floor. I did my usual way of knocking on his door, knocking 3 times with my hand and last but not least I slab my hand against it, after a couple of seconds he opened it. 'Hi Riley.' he said. 'Hey...' I said. I took a seat on the couch and he was sitting beside me. I leaned my head against his shoulder and he wrapped his arm around me.

'You guys would be a great couple.' Sam said. We both shifted uncomfortably in our seat. I removed my head from his shoulder and he took his arm away. He is totally not interested in me. I had the feeling that I was about to burst into tears and there it was, a single tear left the corner of right eye. 'Are you crying?' Jordan asked. 'No there's just something in my eye.' I said and it was obviously a lie. 'Can I take a look?' he asked. I was about to say: no it's nothing look it's already gone. But instead I said: 'Yeah it's really bothering me and I don't seem to get it out.' He stood up and stood between my legs. 'Don't move your head, okay.' I nodded. 'I don't see anything. It was probably just a mascara flake that fell of your lashes.'

'Yeah my new mascara sucks.' I said and again I was lying I didn't buy a new mascara.

'Do you guys want to watch a movie?' Jordan asked. 'Yeah it's been a while since we did that.' Mitchy said. I stayed silent and just kept staring at the coffee cup in front of me. I was totally lost in my thoughts. 'Is she alright?' I heard Sam ask. 'Riley?' Jordan asked. He slowly tapped my shoulder. 'Huh?' 'Damn girl, what kind of drugs are you on?' Mitchy asked giggling. 'Nothing I'm just tired I guess.' I said still staring at the coffee cup. 'Riley are you okay with a horror movie?' Jordan asked. 'No problem.' I said, my gaze still focused on the cup on the table.

Jordan:

She has been staring at that cup for about 5 minutes right now and it kind of freaks me out. She's never like this. I have the feeling that she's hiding something from me. I want her to talk about it with me, but I don't want to force her. Mitchy started the movie. She slowly looked up and was staring at the screen right now. I stood up to get some snacks and beers for the boys. I putted them on the table. I took a seat beside riley. Again her mind was of somewhere else. I placed an arm around her with the intension to give her the sign that she could lay on my chest. After staring at the screen for another 10 minutes she finally place her head on my chest. I held her close.

After about 30 minutes I looked down at my chest to see that Riley fell asleep. She probably had a heavy week. She must have been exhausted from her 24 hours shift. By the end of the movie she was still sleeping. 'Are you guys staying here or are you going home?' I asked. 'We're going home, me and Sammy boy over here are going to party at Emo Nite.' Mitchy said. 'Have fun.' I said. They nodded and walked out the front door of my apartment. I took Riley's shoes of and brought her to my bedroom. I placed her on the bed. I changed in to some sweatpants before I laid beside her. I wrapped my arms around her and after a couple of minutes I fell asleep.