1.2

Riley
There is a soft beeping sound. I try to open my eyes but it doesn't work. I try to move anything. I focus on moving my fingers. They are heavy but i have to stay focused. I moved really slow and soon I felt something heavy and warm touch my hand. "Riley..." the voice of the person was rough. Like he has been crying. I opened my eyes squeezing them at the light. I opened them slowly getting used to the light.

"Hey..." Jordan said. I didn't say anything. I just started. "Do you know what happened?" I shook my head, but it was a lie, I knew what happened. "Riley... Your body is starving... If you keep holding on to this lifestyle, you'll die. And I don't want that. I don't want to lose you.".

I could feel something stick on my cheek. I moved my hand to my cheek. A piece of medical tape was keeping something in place. 'They placed a tube... They were going to talk about it with you but when they saw how bad your body was doing they did it... I gave them permission to do it.' I moved my hand back down and intertwined my fingers with Jordan's. 'How long have I been here?' I asked, my voice was raspy. 'A week...' Jordan said. 'Are Mitchy and Sam here...' I asked. He shook his head. 'They were here an hour ago. They hope you get better soon.'he said. 'Did you tell them...' he nodded. A deep sigh left my lips. I told him that I didn't want them to know. He squeezed my hand. I smiled at him. 'I want to go home...' I said. 'You have to wait a little longer babe.' he said, placing a soft kiss on my hand. The docter walked in. 'Hi Riley. It's good to see that you're awake. I know it's going to be hard but we're going to weight you. If you don't want to see the numbers on the scale you can stand backwards on it.' I nodded. She deattached the heart monitor and helped me stand up. I held the IV pole and walked behind her. She led me into a room. I stood on the scale. I didn't look at the numbers. 'You can go back to your room, I'll come back in later.'

I walked back in to my room and sat down on the bed. I talked with Jordan for a while. After an hour the docter came back in. 'I analysed the results and I think you can go home. You just have to eat on a regular basis and go see your therapist twice a week'. I nodded. She removed my IV and tube and then gave me some time to get dressed. Jordan helped me put on my clothes. I signed the papers and then I was dismissed from the hospital. Jordan and I walked to his car.

We walked into my apartment. 'Riley, I want you to lay on the couch and do nothing for the rest of the day.' he said. 'But I dont feel bad. I don't want you to do everything.' 'Riley you need to rest.' 'Fine... Can I at least help you with dinner tonight?'. He nodded. I lay down on the couch and lay my head in Jordan's lap. He touches my lips with his finger. 'Your lips are chapped. Do you want me to get your Chapstick.' he said. 'No, it's fine. I'll put some on before we go to bed.' I said. He nodded. We watched a tv show. I wasn't really paying attention to it. I was tired. 'Riley...' 'huh' 'You're the most beautiful girl that I know.' he said. I smiled at him. He saw me at my worst. And he stayed he didn't leave me. He is here to stay.