5 - More Meetings

A few years had passed since the end of the war. The fifties seem okay so far. China a new nation accidentally, America and Russia are having a "friendly" discussion about who's better, and the Axis are out of jail. The last one is my favourite. Well, everyone except Prussia, and I feel really bad for him to be honest. He isn't doing too well at all.

I've been trying to spend more time with Romano, which can get kind of difficult considering the entire ocean in between us. There's better technology now though, and more people are buying it. Thousands of people bought a TV to watch the new queen get crowned, and it was magical, really. I love coronations. And phones are now a big thing too! It's the main way of communicating between me and Roma, which is why I like it so much.

A world meeting came along, and America shows up wearing a leather jacket and he somehow managed to get his cowlick down because of all the grease in his hair. He really is trying to be the most modern nation.

"Why are you dressed like that?" England asks sarcastically.

"Because," he pulls some shades out of his pocket and puts them on over his glasses, "it's the new style, old man."

"I'm not that old." he pouts, folding his arms over. You keep convincing yourself that. "Wait and see, these next few decades will be mine." He storms off and sits at the opposite end of the table.

"Right, we have all gathered here today to discuss the colonies in Africa. Please stand up if you have a colony in Africa." America tries to do a sort of sexy smoulder voice, and fails dismally. Not entirely, as quite a few nations did decide to acquiesce.

"You should all probably scoot out and let them do what they need to do. Okay, next issue!" aaaaannnnnddddd repeat. I honestly don't know why no one stopped him at one point from his ridiculously vague solutions. They do work, I'll give him that, he just executes his ideas poorly.

At the end of the meeting, that Romano didn't bother showing up to, I see America trying to catch Japan's attention from whatever he was reading.

"Hey, Japan? Nihon?" I scoot a little closer to hear the full conversation.

"Hai?" He looks up from the book thing to respond.

"Yeah, hello to you too, man, I was wondering if maybe you wanted to sleep over at my place tonight?"

"Yeah, sure." Japan accepts the request.

"Really?" America practically shouts, probably scaring the poor guy a bit.

I watch them leave the room as Romano walks in.

"Fuck, did I get the wrong time? Shit, I actually felt like coming today." he swears.

"Yeah, you missed it. There wasn't exactly much to miss, just the normal problems." I say. Should I ask him if he's free some time next week or something? I'm gonna do that. "Hey, umm..." How does America do this, its really nerve racking. "I was wondering if maybe you had time off next week, you could come round my place?" I rushed the words out, oh god, he probably didn't understand.

"Yeah, I have the whole week. I'll see you on Monday then." He gives me a meek smile before leaving to get back to whatever he was doing.

Wait a second. He smiled. He never smiles. That's new. I like it. He looks good with a smile. He should wear one more often.