worry

.•° ✿ °•.

" Pick apart the pieces you left
Don't you worry about it, don't you worry about it
Try and give yourself some rest
And let me worry about it, let me worry about it "

°•. ✿ .•°

it was a long walk, an agonisingly long walk but he finally made it. the sky wasn't bright blue anymore, instead it was pitch black with no stars to accompany him on his lonely walk.

they had left without him and well, he deserved it.

it was freezing cold now, the fresh, raw air gnawed at his face as he walked on the concrete pavement. he hadn't been this cold since he was in that ice rink with millie.

god that ice rink.

their small memories hit him up the face as he sniffles silently, the only light provided on the lonely street was the orange glimmer of the street lights.

"god finn don't cry." he muttered in a broken tone he had never used before, trying to blink away his nostalgic tears. he felt so hollow, he wasn't used to being without millie for this long, "she's j-just another girl." he sighs to himself, trying to wipe the small tear that exited his eye.

romeo's apartment complex came into sight and suddenly dread and guilt filled his body. he had to fight against himself with every step he took, he didn't want to go into his apartment and see them two together.

he opened the door to the apartment complex walking up the creaky wooden stairs up to apartment nineteen.

he rubbed his eyes, taking in a deep breath, "you can do this finn, it's going to be fine." he reassured himself before opening the door because romeo never locked it, not giving a shit if a murder or thief came into the room because hell he would probably have done worse things than them.

the living room immediately came into sight as he saw romeo and millie laughing with each other, watching the TV together.

millie looked at the door, her eyes immediately brightening up with that glint of happiness that she usually looked at him with until she realised they had their argument, her eyes dulling visibly.

fuck that destroyed finn's heart, he was actually about to fall from the impact of how fucking sad this made him.

do you ever get when you chest starts to fucking hurt so bad and you just start to feel so physically hurt because you're so sad? that's what both of them were feeling in that moment.

they both shared a long glance, their eyes lingering on each other a bit too long. they had so much to say but that glance they both shared took the words out of their mouths.

millie noticed the way his cheeks were bright red and so was the tip of his cute nose. she noticed the way he shook because he was so cold. she noticed the way his eyes were glazed with tears. she wanted to hug him but his jealous words still stuck in her head and she was stubborn.

he squeezed his eyes shut in longing as she turned the other way, looking at the TV again, his heart was being crumpled like a piece of paper and he hated it.

when he opened his eyes again he saw romeo smirking at him with that fucking smug look on his face.

he sniffled, walking out of the living room down the wooden hallway to his designated room, opening the door and closing it gently. as soon as it closed he released a long breath, letting a small tear drop, resting his forehead on the door.