Chapter Thirteen

A/N: This chapter will contain mature content. When you see the * * *, that's where it will begin. If you're not comfortable with it, you can skip ahead and wait for the next chapter. Like the other chapters, please vote and comment! Thank you!

How hypocritical could Rhode get? But more importantly, now he decides to care?

Never in my adult years had I felt like such a child.

"We're leaving. Now."

Rhode bit out, storming over to me and Weston on the floor. He held a loose grip on my upper arm, but it was still strong enough to pull me up. For a brief second, I was afraid of what he might do to Weston, but relaxed when the fairer haired man didn't look to be threatened at all.

"Don't touch me." My eyes rolled. "And please, don't act like you actually care about what I've been doing."

"What are you talking about? Of course I care." He said, sounding confused.

Not giving an answer to his question, I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"How long did it take you to realize I had been gone, Rhode? I've been up here for well over half an hour."

He shrugged, his facial features saying it all. "I heard something fall, so I came up here. Then, I walked in on this!"

Of course. Turn it around to make it look like we were in the wrong.

"What's so bad about what you walked in on?" I looked down at Weston, who was still on the floor but had his arms propped behind his head, looking up at us in amusement.

"You don't even know him, but you were laying on top of him! Let's not forget that the door was closed. What the hell am I supposed to think?!"

As much as I tried to keep a straight face, Weston wasn't helping with that. He had such a smug look on his features as he watched me and Rhode go back and forth. He even began tapping his feet in the air to a silent beat in his head.

"I don't really care what you think. We fell, end of story. Now if you don't mind, you're kind of interrupting something." I brushed him off.

While I mentally patted myself on the back at Rhode's dismissal, Weston grinned up at me.

"What's gotten into you?" Rhode softy asked, a look of incredulity on his face.

If I wasn't so annoyed with him, I probably would've felt bad about the way I was acting, but I didn't. He was the one who took me states away from home, ignored me, flirted with another girl while we came together, yet he had the nerve to ask what had gotten into me.

"Nothing." I shrugged. "I don't see why it matters, either. After all, we're just coworkers, right?"

Rhode looked shocked after I said that. There was no reason for him to be, when he was the one that introduced us like that in the first place. Though there was some type of insane attraction between us, he made it clear that we were just friends. Friends who occasionally did things in more than just a friendly manner, but still friends at the end of the day. Besides, if anyone in the office found out about our relationship, we'd be done for.

The longer he looked at me, the more I thought he would ask the question that would catch me in the lie: So that's what all this is about? If he asked me that - referring to us only being work acquaintances - he would surely see through my nonchalant facade, because yes, that's what my attitude was all about.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." He nodded, turning to walk back in the direction of Weston's door, hands stuffed in his pockets with a defeated look on his strong face.