Dark Lord Returns

Harry and Cedric felt their feet slam into the ground. With the sudden impact, Harry dropped the cup and looked up.

"Where are we?" Harry asked as he looked around his surroundings.

Cedric looked around before shrugging. He began to get up, pulling Harry to his feet, and both looked around.

They were no longer in Hogwarts grounds; they were in a dark overgrown graveyard. A hill rose above them and they could make out a small old house on the hillside.

"Did anyone tell you the cup was a Portkey?" Cedric asked.

Harry shook his head. "Nope,"

Harry was looking around the graveyard. It was silent and eerie. "Is this suppose to be part of the task?"

"I dunno," said Cedric slightly nervous. "Wands out, d'you reckon?"

"Yeah," Harry said with a nod.

Both pulled out their wands. Harry had a strange feeling that someone was watching them.

"Someone's coming." Harry said in a hushed tone.

They saw a figure approaching them, and all of a sudden, Harry's scar began to erupt with pain.

Cedric looked down at a crouch-down Harry and stared around for any sign of help; there was none.

"Harry? Harry?! What's wrong?" he was panicking, he didn't know what the hell was wrong nor what to do.

From far away, Harry was able to make out the words of a high, cold voice.

"Kill the spare."

There was a second voice and Harry felt terrified.

"Avada Kedavra!"

There was a heavy thud besides him and through Harry's eyelids, he saw the green light and Cedric fall down; dead. Before he could do anything he was pulled to his feet. The short man began to drag Harry towards the marble stone. Harry saw the name upon it.

TOM RIDDLE

The short man, still hiding under his cloak began to tie Harry. He struggled against the ropes and the man hit him. He noticed he was missing a finger. It was Wormtail. The so-called man that had betrayed his parents.

"You!"

However, Wormtail ignored him and began to walked towards the bundle he had placed in a rocky mount.

"Harry!" It was the same cold voice that had ordered Wormtail to kill Cedric.

"It is ready, Master."

"Now. . ." said the cold voice.

The thing Wormtail had been carrying had the shape of a crouched human child. Except, it was hairless and very scary looking. It's arms and legs were thin and its face– flat and snakelike. . . with gleaming red eyes.

Wormtail walked towards a cauldron that Harry did not notice. The rat began to lower the bundle in the cauldron.

Harry heard the hiss of a snake and looked down. A huge snake slither around in circles in the stone where he was tied.

Wormtail was moaning with agony. He had cut off his right arm with the missing finger. He began whispering hush words.

"B-blood of the enemy. . . forcibly taken. . . you will. . . resurrect your foe."

Harry tried to prevent it, he tried setting free. But the ropes were way to tight.
The cauldron began shaking, sending sparks everywhere.

"Let it have drown," Harry thought, "let it have gone wrong."

Steam billowed from the cauldron, blocking Harry's view. He was unable to see the rat who had betrayed his family and Cedric.

"Please let it be dead. . please."

But through the mist he saw the dark outline of a man. Tall and skeletally thin.

"Robe me," said the cold voice to a sobbing Wormtail who was cradling his arm.

Wormtail obeyed and picked up the robes from the ground and pulled them one-handed over his master's head.

The thin man stepped out of the cauldron, staring at Harry. Harry stared back.
The same man that has been hunting him for years was in front of him. Whiter than a skull, with wide livid scarlet eyes and a nose that was flat as a snake with slits for nostrils.

Lord Voldemort has risen again.