Reactions

"– I'm pregnant."

  As soon as those words left the redhead's lips, silence filled the room.

"Yes!" James shouted and jumped out of his seat, throwing his arms around his wife he started to kiss her all over her face.

"Ew. James, stop." Lily giggled as she pushed her childish husband away.

   "A baby brother or sister?" Harry mutter to himself, a wide smile on his face. "Sounds amazing!"

  Harry, my boy, it's not. Moving on... 

   "Congratulations!"

  After everyone had calmed down, they finally gathered around the table to eat their dinner.

   "If it's a boy can we name him Cosmo?" James hesitantly asked his wife.

"Nope."

"Can we get a dog and name him Cosmo?" Harry added.

"Hey!" Sirius dropped his fork offensively. "Just screw me, right?!"

"Yes."

James and Remus laughed while the females shook their heads.

"So can we get a dog?" Harry asked once again. "I promise I'll take good care of him!"

"What if it's a she?" Dudley said.

"Mm... I'll still name her Cosmo."

   "If he gets a dog," James took a quick bite from his steak. "Can I have a parrot?"

   "You're already gonna have another baby, James." Lily answered while handing Harry and Ron some napkins. "A parrot is too much of a responsibility for you."

   "Hey, look! An owl!" Mickey pointed towards the window before apparating and opening the window for the dark white spotted owl. "It's addressed to Mr. Lupin!"

   "Me?" Remus took the letter, scanning the handwriting before ripping it open.

   "Relax!" Sirius slurped loudly on his orange juice. "That parchment's not going anywhere."

   "You never know," said Hermione. "It was delivered by an owl. Meaning it could've been a witch or wizard who send it. It could grow wings and fly off."

   "I don't like your logic, young lady."

   "Leave her alone, Black." Lily glared at the man-child who only huffed in return.

   "What does the letter say?" James asked. "You're too quiet."

  Remus sighed before reading the letter out loud, "Dearest Remy, It's been a long time since we last talked, aye? I'm sorry to bother you now, especially knowing you're finally back with your nephew, is it? Heard about you teaching at your old school. Figured you were reunited with the kid. Anyway... William's disappeared. I haven't heard of him or anything for the matter. I've contacted his friends and no one knows about his location. I'm bloody worried about his safety. He's still a brat and god knows what he's going through at the moment. Candace already went to the police department. Said they'd have a search party going on soon. But y'know I don't really trust the police... Please help me. Your cousin, Jeremy Johnson."

   "Wait, you have a cousin named Jeremy?" Sirius said in shock.

   "Sirius,"

   "Sorry."

    "Who's William?" James asked. "Should we go to your cousin right away? Or do we wait tomorrow morning? And who's Candace?"

   "I say we go right away." Lily said. "Whoever William is, he sounds really worried about him."

   "He's my little cousin." Remus sighed while rubbing his hand down his face in frustration. "Also Jeremy's little brother. He's only seventeen. Jeremy's been raising him since he was five."

   "Can... can I ask why?" Lily reluctantly added.

   "My aunt and uncle passed away twelve years ago. It was a train wreck... Jeremy had just turned eighteen at the time. He dropped out of school and busied himself with two jobs to be able to raise Willy. Candace is his fiancé. They've been together since high school so she pretty much helped raise Jeremy and treats him like her own child."

   "He's a muggle or...?"

   "Yep."

   "Why does he have an owl?!"

   "Sirius, please. Always asking irrelevant questions."

   "Because of me." Remus said in a duh tone. "I  got them one years ago. He's still alive!" He grinned as he petted the white spotted owl.

   "Merlin knows if William is..."

   "James Fleamont Potter!"

   "I'm so sorry. It just looked like the right time."

  Remus rolled his eyes before standing up, "Be ready in half an hour. Kids, you're staying with Petunia and Dudley."

   "Why can't we go?!" Harry groaned. "I want to help."

   "Sweetheart."

  Harry stared wide eyed at his mother before slouching on his seat, "yes ma'am."

   "Good, now go clean up. I don't want you to use magic. Use your hands." Lily smiled sweetly at the two boys. "Off you go. Go wash the dishes and clean the kitchen. Hermione, honey, we have a library up on the second floor. Ask Moni to show you if you like. Duds, you're free to do whatever you want."

   "Help out his cousin and friend is what he's going to do." Petunia said, smiling as Dudley whined. "Go on, boys."

   "This is so unfair." The trio of boys muttered as they dragged their feet to the kitchen, Mickey holding on to Harry's hand.

   "Be careful out there." Petunia told her sister as the four got ready to apparate.

   "I will." Lily said with a smile.

   "We will too." James added.  

   "Not like you care but yeah." Sirius huffed.

  Once they've apparated, they landed on a empty street with nice modern houses.

   "Oh, that's a pretty house!" Lily clasped her hands excitedly.

   "Come on," Remus lead the way, the other three following him like lost duckies.

    "Remus!"

••

A/N: short asf but I was in a hurry lmfaoo