II

"Axton! Glad you could make it back," Marc says, and even though he is smiling you can hear the undertone of his pissed voice. I just glare at him as he shakes his head and laughs it off. Even though we irritate the shit out of each other, we could never stay mad at each other.

"This is Lela, Jessica, Aaron and his girlfriend Mandy and Jae and his girl Sara, everyone this is my best man Axton" he says noding to each one and smacking me on the back harder than normal, pay back for doing it to him. I nod to them all as my greeting, pleased to find out her name is Lela.

"Axton, that's a hot name," the girl, Jessica, says to me while pushing Lela out of the way to get to me. That action causes me to give her a dirty look, and not for the first time, I tell her I'm not interested, not caring if she gets embarassed. If she acts like this then she shouldn't care.

She gives me a nasty look and mutters a "whatever I didn't want you anyways," and turns back around and goes back to Lela, probably calling me every name under the sun. Lela looks at me, giving me an 'I'm sorry about her' type of smile, and I just smirk and wink at her, which causes her to chuckle while shaking her head.

Okay maybe she isn't like the rest, she didn't freak out when I winked at her and she hasn't tried to jump me yet, though I probably wouldn't complain if it was her. But who knows, she could be crazy as hell, like all of Marc chicks.

Leave it to Marc to fucking call me out too, I thought as he says "Axton, why the fuck are you staring at Lela?" as I realize I have been.

Good job, dumbass.

"How do you know her?", I ask hoping to save myself, so I don't look some fucking creep.

"We went to high school together. We kept in touch and hang out every once in a while. Why?" he asks me as he looks over at Lela with a small that made me pissed. I don't like him looking at her like that. Which is fucking stupid, but there is just something about her, that draws me in.

"No reason," I say, and he mutters something, but I don't pay attention, as I turn back around to look at Lela. Seeing she is already looking at me, she has one brow raised.
It makes me smirk, and I walk away from Marc, to go to her.

"Oh, so you came back," Jessica asks smiling coyly at me. "Not for you," as I walk around her to go to Lela other side.

I lean into her and whisper in her in "for you."

"Oh, why's that?" she asks smirking up at me.

Fuck, her smirk is hot as hell.

"Let's just say you've had my attention all along."

"What if I don't want it," she says still smirking. Leaning in close, so when I talk my lips will brush the shell of her ear, I say "too bad, you've got it anyways."

Even though we been somewhat introduced, I lean back and hold my hand out and say "Axton." Just so I could hold her hand in mine and see if they feel as soft as they look.

"I know, but okay. Lela," she says smiling at me and I love it when she smiles at me. It makes me want to make her smile more.

The moment her hand is in mine, I feel this instant calmness. Like everything just fades away, leaving just me and her. I see a little shiver run through her body and I know she feels it too.

Good.

I smile at her, and I know it's cheesy, but I bring her hand up to my lips and I kiss the back of her hand, letting my lips linger for a moment before I lower her hand, but not letting go.

I don't think I'll ever let her go.

I can barely see it, but she is blushing and I love that I'm the cause of it. With her hand still in mine I lead her away from our group.

Looking up at me, as she only reaches my collar bone, a little confused, she asks "Where are we going?"

"Just to that table. I just want to talk," I tell her. Which is true. I want to talk her. I want to know everything about her. I want to listen with rapt attention and memorize eveything about her. Her likes, dislikes, her dreams, past, every-damn-thing.

Finding a table was hard as fuck as the place was busy. Spoting one near the back was perfect. There were people around but not as many as we were not near the bar or dance floor.
Even though this isn't the nicest place, my mom still raised me with manners, I pull out the bar stool for her to sit on and I grab the other to sit beside her. Like hell I'm sitting across from her. She says a small thanks as sits down.

"So what did you want to talk about?" she asks me with a small smile. I don't want a small one. I want her full smile. And I'll get it.

"You," I tell her. "I want to know about you."

"What do you want know?"

"Anything and everything," I answer honestly.

"Oh, um, okay," she asks looking a little shoked. I don't know why. Who wouldn't want to get to know her.

"Well, I'm 24 and I work in retail. I love my job, I work in a wedding shop so I get to help the bride-to-be pick her dress and items for her big day. I have a brother who is two years older than me. I love going out with my friends, though I'm not a fan of clubs, I come out here and there. Um, I love reading and playing video games and no I'm not a crazy gamer," she says chuckling and I chuckle along with her, listening to every word she says.

"Do you live in the city," I ask, needing to know, because if she is visiting it will make it harder to see her and make her mine.

"Why? You planning on stalking me?" she asks with a coy smile.

Laughing at her joke, or I hope it's a damn joke, I say" You wish I would," with a smirk and wink at her and she blushes a little, shaking her head as she smiles, biting her bottom lip. Fuck, I wish I was that lip, or better, I wish I was the one biting it.

"Well, who wouldn't want someone like you to stalk them," she laughs.

"Someone like me huh."

"Oh don't even! You know damn well your good looking. The hot as hell body, muscular and toned, your built like a damn brick. Long hair that women would love to tug on and the scruff you have going on just adds to your ruggedness. Your grey eyes, that seem to hold everyone captive, have an intense look to them. Any girl would die for your attention. Look around, I think I'm being hated on right now," she says laughing as she rolls her eyes at all the girls.

I'm fucking glad she likes what she sees, but I could care less about everyone else. I just want her attention.

"I know this is soon, but do you want to get out of here? Not to my place if that's what your thinking, " I tell her. I want us to get to know each other more and that sure as fuck isn't going to happen in this damn club.

I've never felt like this before, and I wasn't about to lose it now.

I know she is the one.

I knew when I found her I would know instantly. And I'm going to make her mine, and even though she might not know it yet, I'm already hers.

I hope your enjoying the book so far, don't forget to comment and vote if you do (: