↳ PART SIX

PART SIX

★ ★ ★ ★

rosamund p.o.v

    THANKFULLY IT WAS still daylight. might make finding bruce a lot easier.
i wondered through the main part of the city, and unfortunately the busiest part of the city. i have no idea where bruce or that girl could've gotten up to, or if they were even in the city. but judging from the girls clothes she would've led him here. somewhere here.
   my shoulders knocked against taller people's arms, knocking and bumping me around as i tried to fit through the crowds of people. i'd never see over them even if bruce was here.
i shoved my hands deep into the pockets of my jacket, trying to keep myself as small as possible as i huddled with the rest of the crowd. this was so pointless. me hunting down this little brat. i'm an assassin, not a babysitter.
   i convinced had myself that this whole thing wasn't working. i would no longer stay with bruce and watch over him if all he does is run away once i'm there. the money ain't worth it anymore. in that spilt second i had changed my mind and just wanted to head back home and do what i do best. kill people and make things right here in gotham. not running around tracking down some rich kid that is rude and ungrateful. this is the first time i've given up a job. sighing in defeat as my eyes gazed down at the concrete below. was this really the best choice though? i don't particularly like being around bruce but that's a heck of a lot of money they are offering me. at least i'd be able to support myself if i just pulled through.
   walking past a big, rundown building that homeless looking people were freely walking in and out of caught my attention, i felt drawn to it but i also had a bad gut feeling about it. i stopped to get a better look at this building, some of the residents giving me disapproving glances as they past by. running my eyes over the details of the place, the walls, the roof. i noticed an assortment of newly cars parked outside, one of which i noticed was jim's car. being as curious and concerned crept a little closer to the cars, still being weary of the people hanging around this place. two other cars that i'd had never seen before were pulled up next to jim's. both a shinny, slick black with tinted windows to finish it off neatly. with more concerned i made my way around the building. trying to remain as low and out of sight as i could. a few had noticed me creeping around but didn't care or pay to my attention. a clunk had caught me off guard. the sound of something big and metal falling from a height. placing my back against the concrete wall of the building i continued my way around to the back, where the noise had come from. gun shots become present. with full speed i dashed around the corner of the building where a door was open, allowing me access to enter in side. without a second thought i had rushed inside. the buildings insides gave it more character. boxes everywhere. giving it a more warehouse look now. as i was scanning around looking for anyone that may be hiding, gun on hand, i saw him. i had found brat boy. just like that. only problem was he wouldn't be alive much longer if i didn't help him out real soon. the same lady from this morning clinging to his ankle with an evil grin. his breathing quickened as she slowly began to bring a gun to his head, pointing directly at his forehead. not even thinking twice i bolted up the metal staircase, my boats making a loud crashing sound as i drove myself up, giving away what i was doing. the lady didn't even turn around or flinch. i jumped out latching my arms around her neck and pulling her backwards with me down the stairs. bruce's ankle was free from her grip, along with the gun which had fallen off the stair case and hit the floor setting it off. a bullet flew through a cardboard box.
   we both tumbled and crashed our way down the case, both arms wrapped securely around her neck. her nails began to dig at my forearms, trying to set herself free. i could feel bruises forming nicely on my back with each stair corner i landed on. eventually, i let go at once. her falling the rest of the way down by herself. i watched her fall while i sat halfway down, catching my breath. sighing, i looked up to see where bruce was but to surprise he was gone. he must had run out while i was saving him. looking back down in disbelief i noticed crazy lady had also picked up and left, along with her gun. i jumped up from my sitting spot, looking frankly around the place. i could hardly see anything. a bullet ran past me, colliding with the wall next to me. in that second i ducked down, sliding from underneath the railing and landing on the floor in a crouching position, waiting for her next move. it was silent for while. i stayed put in my hiding place, not moving an inch. "rosamund" jim yelled out, echoing around the concreted room. he began to make his way down the stairs, gun directly out in front of him. reaching the bottom of the stairs he saw me crouched under, i began to stand and lowering his gun at my actions. "let's go" he called out, running for the exit. without a word back i bolted for the exit, scared she may be hiding ready to shoot again.

★ ★ ★ ★

   i stood next to jim. him adjusting the handcuffs on one of the men gcpd had caught. "oh thank god" he breathed out in relief. i followed his gaze with my eyes, turning my head over my shoulder to see who was there. i also sighed in relief at the sight. bruce and alfred walking out and towards us. completely safe and unharmed. the look on bruce's face was completely broken. his eyes becoming watery. i no longer cared about being petty towards him about him being ungrateful for me saving him. he was traumatised. and the only thing i wanted to do was to make sure he was alright.

   today's adventures replayed in my head as i waited pathetically near of jim's desk. i swans my legs back and forth, breathing out impatiently as i rested my head on the back of a wooden chair facing jim's desk. jim was in a meeting. an occasional outburst of yelling would start up that caught the attention of the whole office. without even looking up the door flung open, slamming against the wood behind it. heavy footsteps could be heard from behind me, approaching the desk. as if instinct i could tell it jim, then his face appeared as pissed off as ever bringing a small smile to mine. "everything went well i hear" i said in the most sarcastic tone, leaning forward placing my hands on my thighs, fingers interlocked with one another. "let's go" he huffed out at me, grabbing bits of paper off his desk. "okie dokie" sliding off the chair, following jim to his car. "i gotta talk to you about something" i said, jogging a little to catch up with him. "mhmm" was all i got back from him as a response. "i don't wanna babysit bruce anymore" i said looking straight forward, ignoring jim's head snap towards me. "you weren't babysitting, you were watching over hi-" he began to say some anger building up. "so, yeh babysitting" i giggled sarcastically, looking up at him now. "why" he asked simply as he pulled open the car door. "i'm not needed if he keeps running away" i said back, copying his actions. jim huffed as he slammed his door. "and no i don't care about the money" putting on my seatbelt. "you know what? fine" he said in defence, hands going up by his shoulders. "but i'm gonna have you stay at mine for while till these people are no longer concerned with you too." the hum of the engine began. "cool" i said nodding my head slightly, turning to look out the window. "but just behave. understand?" he asked not taking his eyes off the road. "yeh, of course" i said throwing my hands up in defence. lowering my hands a small, happy smile crept on my face. i always saw jim as a father figure in my life. someone that actually cared for well-being, and me to him. i think it'd be nice staying with him. we'd be like a little family. something i hadn't had in a very long time.

★ ★ ★ ★

2018 | duhaddy