↳ PART NINE

PART NINE

★ ★ ★ ★

( quinn p.o.v )

"SO, WHAT DO you think. red, or blue" theo announced to everyone as he stood in the mirror looking at himself test the two different coloured ribbons against him, waiting for our response. "red" tabitha said, barbara saying the opposite. i sat in silence. he looked at me through the mirror, turning his head to look at me, barbara and tabitha also now looking at me, amused looks on their faces as they continued to lick their iceypoles. "what do you think, harley quinn" he said in a mocking tone. i cringed at the nickname jerome had given me and theo still using it. "i don't care" i breathed out, earning a chuckle from barbara. he turned back around to look at himself. he sighed as he made a decision. "blue it is" he said with a little bit of enthusiasm. "i want some fun. i'm sick of staying indoors" barbara sooked to theo. i rolled my eyes at her as i leaned my head back against the wall, arms folding over my chest. theo wasn't paying much attention, caught up in himself as he spoke. "patience, barbara. your time will come" she rolled her eyes at his response. "the wheel is turning. while the gcpd chase the penguin i'll steal the mayor's office right from under their noses" he chuckled as he wrapped up his sentence. barbara and tabitha smirked as they looked at each other, the same smirk present on theo's face as he gazed at himself in the mirror. i breathed out my nose as i cocked up an eyebrow at his master plan, eyes darting between barbara, tabitha and theo. standing up from my seated position on the floor, i made my over to the couch location at the back of the room near a large window looking out on to the city of gotham. the three of them continued to chuckle and talk amongst themselves as my attention was now focused on the messy city below.

★ ★ ★ ★

     myself, barbara and tabitha, along with theo all sat in theo's office while a big guy with a newly cut hand off sat there in front of us telling his sob story, begging for a shot at being of his men. saying they penguin called him a traitor and that he was acting crazy. theo huffed and rejected his offer. barbara and tabitha standing either side of theo, looking at the man in front, weapons present in both their hands. i, sat away by the window where i usually was in scenes like this. just listening, apart of the background. i smirked to myself at the story this guy continued to tell, begging theo and theo simply rejecting him each time. he tried again. theo huffed as he tuned to barbara and tabitha. "what do you think, ladies?" he asked, neither barbara or tabitha looking impressed with his story. tabitha spoke first. "i think he's cute. like a sad bear" she giggled. theo breathed in. i looked over them, watching theo's face. you could tell by the look that was displayed on his face he was actually thinking about this. "i suppose he's telling the truth" he muttered, eyes glued to the man. "the little man was cracking up the last time i saw him" theo said, continuing his train of thought. i looked at the man, he looked nervous, beads of sweat trickle down his forehead, shining in the sunlight that leaked through the window. "he was very mean to me once" barbara spoke up, not much changing in her facial expression. as she went on to explain what he did, the fat man watched and listened. he stopped his head half way through barbara's story. he apologised for what he and penguin had did, barbara finding the amusement in it all. he continued to beg, trying to change their minds. tabitha and barbara chatted about all the cool weapons they could place on his stump, chuckled between the two of them before theo spoke up. "well, that settles it. welcome aboard, butch" theo said a smile on his face as he opened his arms in a welcoming gesture. butch looked relieved. "thank you, sir" he chuckled softly. all our attention was drawn to the man hanging in the back, grunting away as he hang from the ceiling, rope around his neck as he balanced himself on books. theo stood from his chair, talking to the man. i zoned out slightly, only watching the scene in front of me. none of this was useful to me so i didn't bother tuning in half the time. i looked over at barbara and tabitha, barbara's eyes caught mine as she gave me a horrid look. she never liked me. we were always fighting and never got along.

★ ★ ★ ★

     wondering around my cage i was once again placed in, because barbara was in a mood, bored out my mind. my eyes searched the blank walls my eyes have gone over everyday for as long as i can remember. i knew every crack, dip and lump that was on these walls. i stopped as i noticed one of the main lights that hung from above started to flicker slightly. i stared up at it, frozen in place. i huffed to myself knowing that is gonna get annoying real fast. i huffed to myself as i throw myself on to the slim mattress that was placed on the floor, a new addition to my small, open room. i stared up at the ceiling as breathed in and out of my nose. my eyes examined the ceiling, the same way i did every night time i stared at it. i loud bang sent me shooting up, sitting up right, my eyes in the direction of the noise. my chest rose and fell as things went silent. my eyes darted from corner to corner, trying to hear another noise, different conclusions coming to head. and then bang. another noise, but in a different position right above me, causing me to jump. i sat up right, eyes still on the spot that made the noise, and swung my legs over the edge of the mattress. my heart rate began to pick up. another bang, followed but another. i jumped up at the noises. "theo!" i yelled out grabbing the bars of the cage. i was confused but sook my attention my ripped away and another different noise caught my attention. fire began to break out at the top of the building. my eyes widened at the sight. i began to panic. both my hands gripped the bars enclosing me in, shaking them with great force, attempting to free myself. i looked back at the growing fire, cracks, snaps and pops echoed around the room. smoke and heat began to fill the room. placing a hand over my mouth to stop smoke from getting in. i continued to call out, yelling for anyone as the raging fire behind me grew every second. i began to cough as smoke had seeped its way into my lungs. usually what energy i had left i began to shake the bars. i let go and stepped back. i threw my foot against the bars, like i use to do when i boxed. i repeatedly slammed my bottom on the boot covered foot against the metal bars, hoping they'd fall over and i'd be free. my heart began to race. falling into a coughing fit, i fell to the ground a hand clutched over my stomach, another over my mouth. the room had filled with smoke and flames as my vision began to fade. i could feel my body get weak. blinking multiple times attempting to clear my vision a little better. as i coughed again, i laid on the floor of the cell. noises to me left caught my attention, two figures appeared in front of me, cutting open the cage. i tried to sit up as the smaller figure came closer to me, crouching down to my level as their face began clear. "selina?" i coughed out as darkness took over my sight, my body giving in.

★ ★ ★ ★

2019 | duhaddy

★ ★ ★ ★