↳ PART TWELVE

PART TWELVE

★ ★ ★ ★

( quinn p.o.v )

I LOOKED HARD at myself in the mirror, anger boiling up in me. i huffed out through my nose as i slammed my fist against the mirror, not hard enough for it break. i sharp object caught my eye as i caught my breathe. a pair of scissors sat humbly on the counter top of the bathroom. without a secondly thought i grabbed them, immediately hacking at my now longer hair. the satisfying sound of hair being cut was all that could be heard as it echoed in the bathroom. grabbing chunks of hair cutting them off right at my collarbone. the loose hair fell to the ground in chunks at a time. my pale blonde hair rested on my shoulders, me, starting to looking like the old me, that began to satisfy me. i sighed at my past fight with bruce. i knew silver was bad news. i needed a way for him to believe me. i had proof of her bad intentions for him and the wayne company. i just needed to talk to him. as night fell i stopped by the wayne manor, climbing through the same window i did many, many times before when bruce and i were close and i would visit him often. i ran right into bruce, he gasped as he saw me. his stunned expression meant he was up to no good. "sneaking out to see your girlfriend, huh?" i asked slyly, cocking my head to one side as i did. i stepped forward, him stepping bad. "quinn, what are you doing here?" he asked me, disappointment lingering on his tone. "saving your ass from making a big mistake" i mentioned to him, crossing my arms over my chest, putting all my weight on left foot. his eyes squinted at me in confusion. "silver is bad news, bruce" i begged him. "you've said that before" bruce hissed at me. i dropped my arms, raising any eyebrow at him. "but this time i have proof" i told him. "you interested?" i asked, bruce's face thinking for a moment. he made eye contact with me, nodding his head eagerly, accepting my offer.

★ ★ ★ ★

"this isn't gonna work" i sighed as i shook my head, looking over the school both bruce and silver attend, hand rested against a tree holding me up as bruce stood in front of my, all dress for school. i looked as him as his eyes lowered. "this girl is a world-class liar from a family of world-class liars" i said pushing myself off the tree. now looking at him, him still not looking at me his eyes too focused on the entry of the school. "she'll see through you. or her uncle will" sighing and shaking my head. "both very possible" bruce quickly jumped in. looking at him with both my eyebrows raised. "and?". he was silent, an awkward silent. "bruce, they're playing nice with you because they think you trust them" i started, nodding my at him, trying to make him understand. "once they see you don't, it'll get ugly fast" i spat, the concern i had for bruce was now visible in my voice. "you're logic is flawless, quinn" bruce said charmly, mocking me almost. "it's not too late-" i started before getting cut off by bruce again, him turning to look at me as his voice was almost yelling and full of frustration. "if there's even a chance galavan knows who killed my parents, i have to take it". he looked away as silence fell on us. he sighed as he broke the silence. "i told alfred i had fencing practice after school. it should buy us some time if we need it." he said a lot calmer now. my eyes fell at how broken this boy was and all him wanting to do was have that closure for his parents, to be able to move in with his life and allow his parents to rest and solve the case to get justice. and i would help him do that even if it was the last thing i could ever do. this boy meant the world to me and helping him find that closure would be the greatest privilege. i looked him, my facial expression softening. "hey. the best liars always the tell the truth" i said as he looked at me. "something to remember" i smiled at him weakly as he looked down in thought. "oh and also-" i started to talk, taking a step closer. "-please be safe" i whispered as we looked each other in the eye. he simply nodded his head. "thank you". i followed his distracted gaze and noticed her car had arrived and pulled into the school. with bruce being distracted i took this as a chance to get into a good hiding spot from the pair. without a second thought i was climbing up the tree and hiding amongst the leaves and branches. "that's her car. you'd best-" he started talking quickly, cutting himself off when he noticed i had already started climbing the tree and was now out of sight. i watched as silver approached bruce as he sat down on a stone bench, my eyes glued to the pair from my hidden spot within the tree. my eyes wondered all over bruce's face, taking in everything i could in this moment. the way his hair sat and the way he sat up so straight. we were two completely different people but some how we go together so well. we balance each other out. my heart dropped to my stomach at the sight of silver and bruce share a small but sweet kiss. i huffed our through my nose as i rolled my eyes at the pair. silver stood up and strolled on by as she left bruce sitting there in a daze. i leaped down from my spot causing bruce to jump a little at noise i had made. i looked at him catching my breath a little. "so?" i said. "she agreed" he nodded slightly, disappointed in his voice. i knew it had to do with the fact silver had betrayed him. "alright. let's do it" i nodded at him and turned to walk in the other direction, bruce running up behind me. us walking off, planning our secret plan.

★ ★ ★ ★

( a/n )

sorry for the horrid long wait for a new chapter but here we are. it isn't that fantastic more like a filler chapter thing. but enjoy regardless.

2019 | sep