↳ PART TWO

PART TWO

★ ★ ★ ★

rosamund p.o.v

   WITH EACH MOMENT i had spent at the wayne's i can feel bruce distancing himself from me and neglecting me. he had been so focused on his father's work sometimes he wouldn't even notice me slip through the window and walk away. sometimes, i think he forgets i'm even there. but with silena is a different story. he actually makes time for her. the thought about him and i almost sharing a kiss had run through my mind a couple of times and perhaps that was the reason for his sudden uninterest in me, and suddenly his full focus on silena. i couldn't help but feel annoyed at this sudden situation, especially without any reasoning behind it. bruce had changed slightly, switching and changing his mind all the time and about silena and i. bruce had become obsessed with his father's work, silena taking my place, starting to help him and figure things out

★ ★ ★ ★

   it had been roughly 3 days since i had started avoiding the wayne's mansion. i felt maybe some distance would've been better for us, me especially, focusing on my work and what i need to do, get bruce out of my head. sometimes, when night had fallen upon the city of gotham and the lights would shine bright in the dark, i would watch the wayne mansion from a distance, imaging what bruce is up to at the current moment and what he is focused on at the moment. if silena would be there, a question i hope would be negative. never have i ever cared for someone the way i do for bruce. i haven't cared this much since my mother, never had i trusted humans nor felt like i belong within them. but, being with bruce it almost made me fell normal. like the world around me was right. nothing to worry about, just who would win at the latest game of chess we would play obsessively every night i would come to visit him. lately it just hadn't been like that. we stayed in touch to play chess, now it seems we play chess to stay in touch. he wasn't the same, and i wanted answers from him.

★ ★ ★ ★

following the usual route i crept onto the window balcony, my feet not making a sound. i wanted to talk to bruce, get some real information out of him. butterflies began to fly around in the stomach, making this harder to see bruce again. my fists balled as i closed my eyes, breathing in deeply. i slowly opened my eyes looking at the thin curtain blowing lightly in the subtle breeze that clear night. i stepped forward slowly, started to peer through the curtains. everything basically looked the same since i had last been here, just more papers had been added to piles that had started to fine a little while ago. looking to my right my eyes scanned the area. the next move i wish i hadn't done, i spun my head to the left, two frames connected by the lips that stood near bruce's desk come into view. the glow from the fire creating enough light to see the faces of the pair. bruce and silena. i could feel my stomach drop and my heart fall. i couldn't pull my eyes away from the scene being playing out in front of me. with my mouth slightly agapped, i blinked back tears that began to form as i watched on. as the pair slowly pulled away, eyes on each other, i looked down, everything making perfect sense now, knowing i got the answers i had been seeking. i looked back up, locking eyes with bruce for what seemed a second before turning and leaping out the window i had only come in a few moments ago. fresh tears slid down my cheeks. not a sound could be heard from my lips, just the silence as my head raced. small tears fell from my chin to the floor as i walked the cold streets of gotham, the scene replaying in my head. i didn't put much thought into it anymore, just waiting to forget bruce and keep the happy memories of him in my head and my heart. some part of me knew i didn't want to face him again, but the other part of me urged me to go back, not fully understanding why. once again i had been let down by someone cared about way too much. i sighed as my head followed its way up to skies above. i hadn't felt a pain like this in such a long time, my heart crumbling a little bit more this time.

★ ★ ★ ★

a/n

hey babes !
oosh a new update :) sorry for being so mia for the longest time, also sorry for the short chapter but just needed a filler chapter to get the chaos ball rolling. jermone is about to be introduced and be a big contributor to this story.
hope everyone had a wonder christmas and new years, would love to hear where abouts u guys are from. i'm from australia ❤️

xx

★ ★ ★ ★

2019 | duhaddy