↳ PART TEN

PART TEN

★ ★ ★ ★

AS QUINN AWOKE from her deep slumber the artificial light poured into her eyes. blinking a few times her eyes slowly adjusted to her new surroundings. once again her hands were tied behind her back. she moved her hands about in their restricted restraints trying to see if they'll slip loose. she huffed out with frustration through her nose as she continued to pull at the thick rope that held her prisoner. she exhaled slowly through her nose as she gave up trying to free herself, instead she looked around examining the small, dimly light room she lay on her side in, left cheek pressed against the cold concrete flooring. quinn started to wriggled around on the floor, landing on her stomach, face down. she huffed and groaned again. pushing and moving she managed to prop herself up on her knees. now in a reasonable standing position the blonde looked around eagerly for something sharp or another way to get out of her restraints. quinn's head flung from side to side, panic taking over her as the thought of someone coming through those doors at any minute worried her. as her eyes ran around the room a shiny bit of metal sticking out of the side of wall caught her attention. she bolted over, turning around and immediately started cutting the rope. quinn's winced as the metal missed and sliced the side of her hand. as blood trickled down her right hand she continued cutting the rope, her eyes occasionally looking over at the door as her breathe was short and in puffs. she grunted as the last bit cut and her hands fell free to her sides. she brought her hand up and gave it a good look. the red blood dripped down her hand, sighing she rubbed her hand down her pants wiping the blood onto her pants. now, with her hands free she once again looked for a way out. thoughts went round and round her head till she decided to bolt to the door, trying the door handle, wriggling and twisting but it was no use. "fuck" she breathed out. "there must be somethi-" quinn started to say to herself as she quickly started examining the floor for something till her landed on exactly what she needed. "they just make this too easy" she chuckled as she picked up the bend and munted paper clip off the floor. molding it to the shape she wanted she pushed it into the key hole, turning it around. like music to her ears she heard a click, her eyes lit up as she slowly turned the door handle and pushing it slightly open and peered out the small crack she had made. opening the doors just wide enough to slip her body through as she closed the door behind her, quietly. exhaling through her nose she looked left to right, watching to see if anyone could be seen. but, to her surprise no one was present in hallway she stood in. in a second quinn bolted down the hallway, going right. quinn huffed and puffed as she sprinted down the carpeted hallways, turning corners and running with speed. quinn turned her head to look back making sure no one was following her. a smile came to her as she realised it was clear. as she turned her head back to face forward she contacted with a hard surface. she inhaled sharply as she made contact with the ground, landing on back. groaning in pain she looked up to see what she had uncarelessly ran into. her heart jumped with joy as her eyes widened and a genuine smile came to her lips. "jim?" she spoke with happiness. he looked down at her, relief and happiness present in his face. "quinn, thank god" he spoke to her, extended a hand out for her to grab. she accepted and he pulled her up, hugging her tightly. "i'm glad your safe. now let's get out of here" she said as he pulled away from her. she nodded quickly at him and the pair began to run towards the exit. quinn followed jim's every move. she was so glad to see him again. some part of her old life still there waiting for her, looking for her and wanting her back. the pair ran, panting as they did. soon, the front doors were in sight for the pair of them. they slowed down as the cool night air hit them, a happy harvey standing against the police car, smiling at the two. "glad you guys made it" harvey said to them as he chuckled with glee. they stopped and smiled at each other. "come on, quinn" jim smiled at quinn as he made his way to the car, hoping in the drivers seat. quinn smiled to herself as she followed jim and harvey, getting in the back of car and harvey getting in the passenger side. quinn lay her head on the cold glass window of the car door as she sighed with relief, she was now safe and going back home with jim, back to her home.

★ ★ ★ ★

"ow!" quinn jumped as lee placed a bandage over the deep cut she had made by freeing herself. "i'm sorry" lee breathed out as her eyebrows fell. "and, there you go" lee said with a smile as she let go of quinn's hand, standing back and just smiling at quinn's presence in their home again. quinn examined her hand and lee's good craftsmanship with her bandages. quinn lifted her head to meets lee's eyes, smiling brightly at her. "thank you, lee" she said back as she jumped off the stool next to the kitchen bench. "it's good to have you back, quinn" lee sighed. lee looked at quinn as a daughter, the missing bit she never knew she needed. quinn gave lee's life a little bit more meaning. quinn thought the same lee. a mother figure she could rely on. quinn looked up and smiled at lee, genuinely happy. she walked over to lee and swung her arms around lee's waist pulling her into a hug. lee pulled her arm over the young girls back another on the top her quinn's head, stroking it softly as the two stood there for a moment. quinn breathed in as she smiled she hadn't had this in a long time. the two pulled away as the front door to jim and lee's apartment opened revealing jim standing there, happy but exhausted. he smiled at the pair hugging and smiling. jim, missed this, this scene. he loved both lee and quinn, they were now a small family. each other being the missing part to each other's lives.

★ ★ ★ ★

2019 | duhaddy

★ ★ ★ ★