Happy New Year!

Synopsis: In which Rae starts her new year out with a bang.

I knew I should be paying attention to the party around me. I knew it was rude of me to be so immersed in my lustful thoughts. Not only that, it was wildly inappropriate. However, if you were looking at who I was looking at, you'd be as captivated as I currently was.

He was standing right across from me. He and his friends were gathered together with large bottles of brown liquor in their hands. He in particular, was currently chugging his down with his eyes closed shut as if his thirst were unquenchable. I was stuck in a trance as I soaked in every inch of him.

He was 6 feet, 2 inches of brown sugar. Broad shoulders, a thick, muscular body, full lips (that I currently wished were wrapped around my nipples instead of the bottle in his hand), big brown eyes. He was perfection....... intimidatingly good looking.  The best part about him? He reeked of a kind of cocky confidence that drew anyone in. He oozed it, even.

Who was the he in question, you ask?
Erik Stevens.

He was no stranger to me

He was no stranger to me. Honestly, he was no stranger to anyone in the Bay Area nowadays. He came flying in on that fancy spaceship of an aircraft with his royal family two years ago. I had just moved to the Bay from Houston, Texas. Times were crazy with that of aliens invading & superheroes flying around. All of it inspired me to move across the country to Oakland, California for my own adventure. I must say, my timing was perfect.

Two months after settling into my condo, they came here with words of encouragement and promises to bring new life to the area. They inspired me. They made me feel as if I could change the world if I truly wanted to. So when they began the process of hiring a new executive assistant/events coordinator I went for the job and I got it. This meant working pretty closely with the ever attractive and ever intimidating Prince of Wakanda. Like I said, he was no stranger. It was worse than that, much worse.

He was my boss.

My boss that I had managed to form a friendship with & with that friendship, a pretty deep lust no less. Which is why instead of enjoying the very extravagant New Year's Eve party I planned for the Outreach Center, I sat transfixed in an alcohol induced lust filled haze.