There's So Much To Learn

Chapter 2 ... There's so much to learn

***

Without those supplies we are screwed. I looked up at the skyline where Mount Weather touched the clouds and turned back around towards the drop ship without hesitation.

"Hey where are you going?"

"Where do you think? I'm not going to just sit here starving and dehydrated counting down the minutes until we all die." I replied in a flat tone.

"Well aren't you just so optimistic." I rolled my eyes at the boys remark and swung a backpack onto my shoulder. We weren't completely hopeless as they had packed some supplies on the drop ship. Thank god.

"Where do you think you are going?" I could tell that voice from a mile away and I sighed loudly, just to make a point.

"I don't have this time for this." I continued to walk away from Wells and eventually I could see him beside me out the corner of my right eye.

"Did you not hear me the first time?" I snapped at him, starting to get annoyed at his incessant need to bug me.

"No I heard you-"

"Great. Then go." I began to walk again but was cut off when I was knocked to the side as Wells crashed into me.

"What the hell is your problem Wells?" But I was yet to realise that Wells had been pushed into me, by none other than John Murphy. You've got to be kidding me.

"Well, well, well, look who it is. The suck up of a son and his bitch." Murphy received daggers from me as he continued to insult the two of us.

"Shut up Murphy." Wells retaliated with.

"What was that Jaha?" Murphy strutted up to Wells and shoved him again and while he was vulnerable kicked his knee, causing him to crumble to the ground in pain.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I shoved Murphy, my blood boiling. He was shocked at my sudden action and grabbed my wrist in a threatening way. Before things escalated further Finn jumped down from onto of the drop ship and pulled Murphy's arm off my wrist. People whispered in the background in surprise at his swift movement.

"Never learnt to not hit a girl?" Murphy only stared back at Finn.

"And why don't you wait until it's a fair fight." He nodded towards Wells who was now standing. Murphy only scoffed and pushed past between Finn and I, knocking our shoulders as he went. Asshole. My thoughts quickly shifted back to the task I had set out to do before the confrontation and I began to walk away as the crowd that had formed dispersed. Finn followed behind and Wells also attempted, only for me to quickly cut him short.

"I don't think so Wells. With that injury you'll only slow us down."

"She's right." Finn backed up and he nodded sombrely and walked away.

"Can we go now?" I turned to Finn who only rolled his eyes at me.

"You're impatient aren't you?"

***

Adria was not one to muck around and have a little chat. She wanted things to get done. Plus by keeping herself occupied it meant that she didn't let her mind wander to the impending doom that they could possibly be facing soon. They had acquired three people before they even made it out of the clearing. Octavia who had her heart set on being adventurous, and Monty and Japser who seemed to be inseparable best friends. As the five trekked through the woods, Octavia made her way to the front of the group, beside Adria.