Revelations

Chapter 6 ... Revelations

***

The day was overcast. A storm was brewing. I sat by the fire while people around me worked under Bellamy's orders. He had gotten everyone rounded up and building a wall to keep out the grounders ever since Jasper was taken. I couldn't deny that it was a good idea and would provide us with some protection. But my mind was else where. All I could think about was how my mother lied to me, pretended like everything wasn't her fault. I threw another stick into the fire, not knowing what to do with myself. I felt like I needed a punching bag. Bellamy must have noticed my unrest and sat down beside me, but I just ket my gaze on the crackling fire. After some time he finally spoke.

"Everyone is working on the wall. It should be done within the next few days."

"Bravo to you." I rolled my eyes and then stood up, walking away, but he quickly stopped me, a move that was becoming a habit of his.

"Hey, I know what you are going through and I'm sorry for that but we have a camp to look after."

"No, you do Bellamy. Not me." I stood strong, staring back at him and he shuffled in his place.

"I'm sorry." I was taken a back by those two words and he must have noticed.

"I am. I shouldn't have done that to you." He was referring to the another night and nothing was coming to mind with what to reply with so we both stood in silence, just staring back at one another. Again, there was that same intensity in his eyes and the tension between us grew until the clash of logs both snapped us out of our trance. I cleared my throat and then spoke.

"How did you know it wasn't Wells?"

"I had a hunch." He replied casually.

"A hunch? Really?"

"It doesn't matter. I better go-"

"Wait." He froze immediately and turned his head only to meet my eyes again.

"Thank you." He nodded and I ran a hand through my hair, letting out a breath. Just as he was about to speak there came a scream from outside the camp.

"Octavia..." Bellamy looked at me and we both ran. Sprinting past everyone and outside of the makeshift wall we came to a terrified Jasper who was shaking in Octavia's arms.

"What's going on?" I rushed over to them and looked at Jasper who couldn't speak, so I turned to Octavia who moved her gaze past me. I looked over my shoulder to see Bellamy crouched down with a grave expression on his face.

"What is it?"

"Don't." He quickly stood up and placed both hands on his shoulders to prevent me from moving and as I tried to see what was behind him he blocked my view. I shrugged him off and pushed his arms away, looking down to see a bloody finger on the ground. With my heart increasing and bile rising in my throat I turned my head to the left and I froze. It was almost like everything stopped and the world slowed down. My voice caught in my throat and I couldn't hear myself, nor those around me.

"No..." I went to walk forward but couldn't hold my weight and I fell to the ground. I crawled on all fours to the body and hovered over top of them.

"No, no, no!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, smashing my hands onto their chest.

"Wake up! Wake up!" I grabbed onto his shirt and pulled it, expecting him to suddenly draw breath and come back to me. But he didn't move. His skin was ghostly grey, something I had never seen before and his neck had dry blood seeping from the open wound. He had been murdered.

"Get her out of here." Bellamy. I sat there in complete shock just staring at his body. I felt nothing. Like I was in some dream and eventually I would wake up. I felt two hands wrap underneath my armpits and pull me up. I hung loosely in the person's arms and continued to stare at the lifeless body as I was dragged away. He's dead. My best friend is dead. Wells is gone. But before they could pull me away from the crime scene I noticed a shining blade hidden within the grass and moss. I squirmed out of their grip and ran back over towards Well's where the dagger lay beside him. I snatched it up not caring about Bellamy who was shouting at the person who was meant to have hold of me. I was shaking in anxiety, my emotions wild from the developments of the past few days. Holding the dagger I rose and faced Bellamy whose eyes were swamped with sadness. Enraged, I ignored him and fast walked back towards camp with the blood stained dagger in my hand.

"Woah, slow down there Princess. What are you doing?" Bellamy called out as he caught up to me. I said nothing and he jumped in front of me, making me stop.

"You know this was the grounders." I held up the dagger in my hand.

"Oh really? Well are their daggers made from the metal of the drop ship?" Bellamy stared at the dagger with a confused look before hanging his head.

"Didn't think so. One of us killed Wells, and I know exactly who it was." I tried to push past him but he grabbed onto my wrist firmly, stopping me in my tracks.

"I think we should keep this quiet for now. We've been doing so well with the wall and the patrols-"

"You mean everyone's been doing so well at being your little bitch!" I screamed in his face, possessed by rage. That made him angry.

"Yeah that's it! So keep your damn mouth shut Princess!" I held up the dagger once again in his face before pointing at the inside of the handle.

"People have the right to know."

"Sometimes not doing anything is better than the truth. I mean you don't even know who did it. What are you going to do exactly? Ask them to fess up?" He looked at me with an expression that suggested that I was being childish and stupid which just made me even more furious.

"JM. John Murphy." The initials where roughly engraved in the metal. And with that I yanked my hand from his grip and searched for the dirty rat that was John Murphy. I saw him standing with another guy, his back facing me. The dark skinned teenager noticed my movement towards them and concern grew on his face. As Murphy turned around I punched him right in the jaw and the whole camp gasped.

"Bitch!" Murphy grabbed at his jaw and bent over in pain. Before he could say anything else I kicked him in the stomach, making him fall to the ground. I jumped on top of his body and pinned him to the ground. Rain began to fall from the sky like right on queue; the storm was here.

"Murphy you are so dead."

***

Sorry for the short chapter but I wanted to end it here. Working on the next one which will be a longer one so don't worry.

Vote.Comment.Share