Things Will Come Crashing Down

Chapter 14 ... Things Will Come Crashing Down

***

Trisgedasleng = underlined words

***

We had walked all night and the sun had just risen, giving us light. I had been going over what to say the whole way there, nervous that with one wrong word I could ruin everything. Octavia had been leading the way, and I was surprised to see her attitude had changed. She looked at one with the Earth, growing like the trees and grass surrounding us. Growing into something more beautiful and strong.

We had reached a peak and could finally see the bridge in the distance. Not long now.

Shortly after we had reached the meeting place and Lincoln was there to greet us. Octavia ran into his arms immediately at the sight of him. I knew she had been sneaking out to see him, I had just never had the guts to tell Bellamy. I knew it was her escape and I didn't want to ruin that, just like I had kept Ryder a secret.

"They should be here any minute now." Like on queue a horn rang out and three horses appeared from out behind the wall of trees.

"No way...horses?" I whispered to myself in shock. We only ever read about these animals and now to see one in real life, it was crazy to me.

A woman was on the front horse which was jet black, followed by two brown horses on either side of her where men sat on top. She was clothed in fur and leather, a sword strapped to her side and black war paint across her eyes. So much for no weapons.

"Lincoln, I thought I said no weapons." Finn must have noticed it too.

"They said there wouldn't be any." Great. Now they even disobey the terms. Just great.

"Where are you Bellamy?" I mumbled under breath and discreetly looked to the tree line down by the river. I couldn't see anything and so I took a deep breath in, trying to stay calm.

The woman jumped down from her horse and began to walk forward. I mirrored her walk and watched as both men jumped down from their horses. Please Bellamy be here already...

***

Bellamy, Raven and Jasper had positioned themselves along the river bank behind the cover of trees. They looked through their scopes, keeping an eye on Alina as she made her way up to the grounders leader.

***

"I'm Adria Griffin." The woman showed no emotion as she responded.

"Anya." I nodded, trying to seem warm and friendly. Make a good impression.

"I believe your people want to discuss an agreement."

"Yes. We want peace amongst both of us." The woman scoffed.

"Peace? Your people trespassed on my people's land, took one of them, and tortured him." Without thinking I replied.

"Your people killed mine." Anya was shocked that I had retaliated. My heart raced at the possibility that I had pissed her off as I had no idea what they were capable of.

***

"Grounder Princess looks pissed."

"Our Princess has that effect."

***

"I do not want peace with your people. You are a threat to mine, and I will not accept any offer of yours." Tough negotiator.

We Are Groundersजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें