Bridge vs. Raven

Chapter 16 ... Bridge vs. Raven

***

*Raven's tent*

"Okay you can come in now!" The mechanic called out to Bellamy who waited outside. She had prepped the hydrazine carefully, praying that she wouldn't blow up into smithereens. Bellamy pulled back the flap of the tent and entered.

"Boom!" She yelled out, trying to scare him, but Bellamy just gave her a side glance that said 'really.'

"That's cute." He spat back at Raven who was grinning like child at Christmas.

"Relax boss. It needs an accelerant; gunpowder." She picked up the jar of gunpowder and showed it off to Bellamy who wasn't amused by her careless attitude. They could blow up at any second with this stuff.

"Container of hydrazine. Put the gunpowder around the hydrazine. Hit the bull's-eye...win a prize." Raven detailed as she played through the steps that Bellamy was to preform. He nodded, understanding what to do. He then looked up to Finn who had followed him inside and who he had completely forgotten was in the room.

"This is the last of our gunpowder, you know that right? We won't be able to make any more bullets."

"Like Adria said, we need time. This bomb will give us that." Finn reassured, hoping that Adria's plan would actually work. While she was sick, he wanted to make sure everything ran smoothly so that when she woke up, she could breathe freely, even just for minute. He knew how much stress and pain she was going through, even if she denied it or ignored it; he knew. And there was nothing he could do to help her with the suffering, but he could do this.

"Yeah of course she came up with that." Bellamy muttered under his breath.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Finn sparked up, getting tired of the rude remarks Bellamy was making towards his friend.

"Oh, you haven't heard?" The leader snapped, his tone drowning in sarcasm.

"Adria's been making friends with a grounder named Ryder." He admitted. Raven was shocked as she sat frozen in her seat while Finn couldn't find any words to speak. Everything was starting to make sense to him. The disappearances for hours, the hesitation to use the guns. It was all because of this grounder. Maybe she wasn't all for this war after all. Maybe, he had jumped to conclusions to quickly, and his hope for peace was reborn.

"Well maybe it's sign that not all the grounders are bad, hmm?" Finn said.

"Who's side are you on?"

"The one that brings us peace." He retaliated at Bellamy. As the tension grew between the two, Raven broke the silence.

"Okay so it's settled then. You'll need to be at least 200 feet away before taking the shot." She said, turning to Bellamy and changing the conversation.

"Easy."

"Who's planting the bomb?" There was a silence that filled the room before Finn spoke up.

"I will." He needed to do this not only for Alina, but for the survival of everyone.

"You won't pick up a gun, but blowing people up with a bomb, you're okay with?" Bellamy asked with disgust present in his voice.