The Peacemaker of Unity Day

Chapter 13 ... The Peacemaker of Unity Day

***

Buckle up...she's a lengthy one ;)

***

"You think guns are going to solve all of our problems?" A sore and tired Finn spat at both Bellamy and I.

"Yeah I do actually. Do you have a problem with that Spacewalker?" Bellamy retorted, getting riled up by Finn's insults. Both of them inched closer to one another and Bellamy being somewhat taller than Finn, held his head high as he stared him down. With too much testosterone circulating in the air I decided it was time for me to step in.

"Ok that's enough." I separated the stand-off by standing close to the two and holding my stance until they moved away and calmed down...to an extent.

"Bellamy go put the guns away." I turned to Bellamy and gestured for him to place them in the drop ship. With a small and knowingly glance towards Finn, Bellamy picked up the guns and left me with Finn.

"What was that?" I asked once Bellamy was far enough away that he couldn't hear us. Finn shuffled his stance and then looked away from my stare. As he showed that he wasn't going to give me an answer I continued.

"You don't have to agree with us using these guns, but they will protect us and keep us safe until everyone else comes down."

"I just don't think it's necessary. We should be negotiating for peace, not fighting a war." Finn replied matter of factly.

"I know that." I snapped back, remembering Ryder and the sense of hope I had that maybe there was other grounders who were like him.

"Do you Adria?" I opened my month to answer but was distracted by yelling in the background. I turned to see Bellamy's back to me and Octavia on the other side of him.

"Have you lost your mind O? The grounders will kill us all when they find out! Damn it!" Bellamy ran his hand through his hair and then over his face.

"He saved my life Bell." Her voice was surprisingly calm compared to Bellamy's growing violent one.

"For all you know he could have been keeping you locked up to use as live bait."

"No, I don't think so-"

"No you don't think, O! That's the problem. They killed three of our people, and if you had let me kill him when I had the chance, maybe we wouldn't be facing a death sentence-"

"Stop! Stop blaming me for your mistakes! What happened to Finn is not my fault, I wanted to leave so if we die, that's on you!"  Octavia screamed back at her older brother, clearly angry and hurt by his words. Bellamy didn't know what to say, he froze up. I watched as he balled his fists by his side and tensed his jaw. He was about to snap. Octavia scoffed.

"Everything that has gone wrong is because of you. You got me locked up on the Ark, you wanted me to go to that stupid dance, you got Mum killed!" Bellamy stepped back from the impact of her words. It reminded me of earlier when I had told him that I forgave him for all of his sins. For him to hear that from his sister, I knew would it would make him doubt his decision to come back with me.

"Me? Mum was floated for having you, she's dead because you're alive. That was her choice, I didn't have a choice." Bellamy maintained a steady tone but suddenly lost control and blurted out something I knew he would regret later.