Thank You Jobi Nuts

Chapter 12 ... Thank You Jobi Nuts

***

"Can the injured get some water around here?" A croaky voice spoke. I snapped my head up immediately from the table that Finn laid on to see a smile on his face.

"You're ok." I said while pulling him into a hug of relief.

"Yeah...but I won't be in a second...if you don't let go."

"Oh shit, sorry. My bad." Quickly refraining from the hug I sincerely smiled and then collected some water for Finn. I then proceeded to change his dressings, along with checking his temperature.

"Adria I'm fine. I promise."

"Better safe than sorry my friend. You weren't the easiest to save and I'd rather not relive that experience." I admitted to Finn while he watched me intently.

"Adria?" I met his hazel eyes.

"Thank you." I smiled at the gratefulness in his voice.

"I really am glad you're ok. I'm not sure who else would be able to hold me while I'm having a breakdown in my tent." I joke even though I was completely serious.

"I'll take that as a compliment."

"Please do." I then remembered Raven and Taliah who were sound asleep against the wall of the drop ship and looked back to Finn for him to nod.

"Hey guys!" I yelled which immediately caught both their attention.

"He's awake." I got up from my seat and moved out of the way as the two ran to Finn's side. I winked back at him as he received all this attention and then exited the drop ship, giving them some space.

***

Currently situated along the rocky edge of the waterhole I bounced me right leg up and down, butterflies in my stomach. Bellamy never should have captured that grounder. It's just going to make things worse. And to add to it all, the guilt I feel for thinking I was doing the right thing in letting him get tortured...and Octavia...I should have done something. I was urgent to see Ryder again and hoped that maybe he would return to this place. Almost like the heavens had heard me I heard the crunch of footsteps and quickly rose, turning to see the dark haired grounder. However his expression was somewhat threatening and I gulped, waiting for his next move. He knows.

"We shouldn't have taken him, I know."I attempted to calm Ryder down but he continued to stand there without any expression. I let out a frustrated sigh and jumped down from the rock and stormed across the flat area. Just as I was about to pass him, he gently grabbed onto my forearm and eventually met my gaze with his intense green eyes.

"Where are you going?" His deep voice echoed in my ears.

"To break your friend out." I held my ground and tried to seem confident even though in the back of my mind I knew he could kill me in a split second if he wanted to. Hell, I had no idea what I was thinking in coming here and seeing Ryder. I shouldn't trust him right? But why do I feel the urge to?

"Why would you do that?"

"Because it was wrong of us to do so."

"We killed three of your people, most would see it as fair play."

"We aren't savages." My offensive comment shut him up quickly.

"Why are you talking to me Ryder?" I changed my tone to be calmer.

"Why are you?"

"Because I don't want there to be a war."

"Neither do I."