76.

Harry: "Malfoy—Draco, I never know what to call you, but, please, if you can read this, answer me, my son's missing, your son's missing—you—it is all too much. Tell me where you are, anything."

Harry: "Please!"

Draco: "I beg you, be this the last time you write to me. If not, they will find you, they will kill you, Scorpius, Albus, and anybody in their path. They are not you. They are not good. I beg you, Potter, be this the last time you write to me. Do not look for me, only find our sons. Leave me here."

Harry: "I cannot do that, Draco. I know, I know—the Death Eaters will try to kill me, but we have defeated them once before. We can do it again."

Draco: "Who is we? Do not bring Granger or Weasel into this. They have children. They are married. They have a family. I know what a broken family is; so do you, both in childhood and adulthood. Astoria, though I loved her greatly, was never your definition of a soulmate either. However, you have a son, Albus. You have sons, actually, and a daughter. I demand you to stop. They deserve the father we never had."

Draco: "Scorpius and Albus are not with me. So, please, find them, not me."

Harry: "Draco, I promise they are priority, but I will come and find you afterwards, I promise."

Draco: "No, for once, listen to me. Take care of Scorpius, that is the promise you need to make to me."

Harry: "I cannot."

Draco: "Why not?"

Harry: "Because I would be accepting possible defeat, your possible death."

Draco: "Promise me, Harry!" Harry broke down at the use of his first name. Draco had never called him that, a tear streamed down the raven-haired man's face.

Harry: "I promise..."

Draco: "They have always been us in another life—Scorpius and Albus..."

Harry: "I will still find you!"

Draco: "Don't! For once, don't be that reckless Gryffindor I know you to be!"

Harry: "Draco..."

Draco: "Remember you promised me my son's safety. You cannot reply. It is for their best."

Draco: "And Potter?"

Harry: "Yes?"

Draco: "Don't reply. Promise me." Draco waited as there was no reply. He felt both broken and relieved all at once.

Draco: "I do believe in soulmates, Potter..."