❦SPACE ROSE❦

When Jimin wakes up in the bed of the spare room he sighs, he feels incomplete without Yoongi's arm wrapped around him securely and he doesn't want to get up

When Jimin wakes up in the bed of the spare room he sighs, he feels incomplete without Yoongi's arm wrapped around him securely and he doesn't want to get up. He wants to cry for how things have ended with Yoongi. He grudgingly pulls himself out of bed, grabbing his silk robe and tying it before he shuffles out of the room, hoping he can bump into Yoongi and they can talk.

Except the house is quiet, usually it's loud with the television playing Yoongi's favourite cartoons and the sound of sizzling coming from the stove because Yoongi always made them breakfast. It's empty and incomplete, there's a letter on the fridge, pinned by a magnet and he walks over, plucking it out to read it.

I think we need some space. I want to trust you but the best thing for you and I is to take some time off from each other because what comes with me is the gang and you're not the same as you were. Think it's for the best and for your safety
— Min

Jimin slams the paper down onto the counter, grabbing fat his hair as he lets out a frustrated cry. He didn't mean for it to happen and now he's driven Yoongi far away from him. He walks to the landline and calls Yoongi's number, hot tears streaming down his cheeks.

When the line picks up Jimin's voice cracks as he immediately says, "please don't break up with me, baby, I love you so much".

He can only hear Yoongi's sigh from the other end. "I'm not breaking up with you but I think it's in our best interest if we took a break from each other."

"B-but taking a break is like borderline breaking up, most of the time that leads to people splitting up," Jimin blubbers, "I need you."

"You need a break."

"I'm sorry for hurting you, hyung, I never meant to I wanted to keep you safe. I just want to be with you," Jimin cries into the phone and he can't help but feel insecure about everything,

"D-do you still love me?" He asks, his throat feels dry and it hurts to swallow. He's getting choked up by thinking about everything.

"More than anything in the world," Yoongi replies softly and Jimin can hear the pain in his tone.

"Then come back to me."

"...You know I can't right now. You hurt me, the one person I love most in the world went behind my back, how do you think that makes me feel, Jimin? The fact that you can't trust me, as if I don't have your best interest at heart. I've done everything for you. I gave you a place to stay when your parents kicked you out, I let you into my life and told you things I never told anyone and you can't do the same for me, you couldn't do one fucking thing for me."

Jimin is sobbing now, holding the phone to his chest as he sinks down to his knees. He holds the phone up to his ear with shaky hands, he feels sick and he feels heart broken, imagining how Yoongi must feel, he must feel ten times worse. "Please," Jimin croaks.