i. the tickets

Audrey Hill walked across her kitchen while holding a cup of coffee

Audrey Hill walked across her kitchen while holding a cup of coffee. She smiled as she took a sip. Her life was in a good state right now.

She had finished filming On the Basis of Sex with her co-star Armie Hammer. Audrey had been granted the incredible role of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States. The role abled her to carry out the message of gender equality and women's rights, something she is very passionate about.

The world premiere was coming soon in November and after that would be more premiers, press tours, photo shoots, interviews, and more. Not to mention the actual release of the movie on Christmas day. She had a busy schedule for the next two months.

For now, though, she enjoyed her coffee and sat down at her kitchen table. Before she had left, her assistant had left Audrey's mail on the table.

There was a purple envelope with a golden seal which stood out from the other beige and white ones. She grabbed that one first. "To Audrey Hill" was beautifully written on the front along with her address. She softly stroked the writing, something about it seemed familiar.

Nevertheless, she carefully opened the envelope and pulled out two long papers. They were tickets to a movie premiere. That wasn't what threw her off, Audrey was a grade A actress and she was used to being invited to premieres all the time. It was the movie which threw her off.

"Bohemian Rhapsody" was written in big, golden, and shiny letters on both of the tickets.  Her heart skipped a beat for two reasons:

1. She adored Queen, but who didn't?
2. Her best friend from college, Gwilym Lee, was starring in the movie.

Memories from their college days studying acting together flooded Audrey. Memories of them walking through campus together, holding hands like it was nothing, late night study sessions, hanging out every chance they got....but then having their careers and passions drive them apart from each other.

She had never gotten the chance to tell Gwilym her feelings for him. This made her stomach churn and made her incredibly nervous.

Don't get her wrong, she was happy for him and how he had gotten the incredible role of Brian May. The thought of seeing him again gave her butterflies.

"Would he even remember me?" Audrey thought to herself.

"Of course he would, we were best friends," she concluded, shaking her head a bit as to get rid of her thoughts.

This was her chance to reconnect with him. Not to mention having a great time meeting the cast, she had met Rami Malek before, watching the movie, and seeing the actual remaining Queen band members.

She was going. Perhaps this would change things between them for the better. Maybe Gwilym had felt the same way towards her.

Twitter

Twitter

@ItsAudreyHill Guess who is going to the Bohemian Rhapsody premiere?
3.5K retweets | 8.2K likes
Replies

@Username1 MY QUEEN WILL MEET QUEEN AHHHH

@TheOliverRussell What?!?!
-@AylaRichardson Dibs on being her plus one!
-@Username2 I love their friendship🤧💖
-@ItsAudreyHill Group chat assemble!
-@Username3 I'd kill to be in that group chat

@armiehammer Ours will be better smh
-@Username4 IM WHEEZING
-@ItsAudreyHill It's not a competition...but yes ;)

@Username5 I can't wait for this iconic moment!

@ItsRamiMalek Yay!!!
-@ItsAudreyHill ☺️
-@Username6 My king and queen know each other?!?
-@Username7 I think they met at some premiere a long time ago

@Gwilymlee It'll be nice to see you again
-@ItsAudreyHill Ditto :)
-@TheOliverRussell Am I missing something?
-@Username8 ^^^
-@Username9 ^^^
-@AylaRichardson GROUP CHAT ASSEMBLE

@Gwilymlee It'll be nice to see you again-@ItsAudreyHill Ditto :)-@TheOliverRussell Am I missing something?-@Username8 ^^^-@Username9 ^^^-@AylaRichardson GROUP CHAT ASSEMBLE

Author's note!
And it begins! Thank you guys for the nice messages I've received so far!! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and like the characters so far.