xxv. let's celebrate you tonight

After the premiere in Los Angeles and many interviews later, Audrey and the rest of the On the Basis of Sex cast were moving on to New York City for another premiere

Gwilym had already finished his press tour in Tokyo and with Bohemian Rhapsody all in all. He had been sad that that chapter of his life had ended. After all, he had met his now best friends and reunited with Audrey because of it. At least they still had awards season.

Even though he was still a bit glum about it, Gwilym did not hesitate to meet up with Audrey for her premiere. Audrey's knowledge consisted up to the fact that Gwilym would be arriving after her at New York City. What she did not know, however, was that Gwilym had actually arrived before her and was now inside of her hotel room ready to surprise her.

Gwilym sat nervously on inside the suite, he hadn't seen his girlfriend in weeks.

Girlfriend. It feels good to say that.

The distance had been killing them, but they were still stronger than ever. They communicated with each other every single day, never failing to send a least a "good morning " or "good night" text. Both would smile widely and have their hearts skip a beat every time they saw notifications from each other on their phone screens.

Lost in his thoughts, Gwilym looked up at the door from his seat on the couch when he heard some noise outside.

She's here.

Standing up quickly, he picked up the bouquet of lilies that he had bought earlier that day and stood in front of the door. Gwilym took a deep breath and scrunched up his nose.

Do I smell okay?

After a long flight, the answer was probably no. But he had no time to think or stress about it when he heard the door unlock, quickly straightening his posture.

Audrey's small frame became visible and her eyes widened in shock and surprise.

"Surprise!" Gwilym exclaimed, extending his arm with the bouquet towards Audrey.