xii. everything and everyone could wait

Audrey woke up groggily to a buzzing noise emitting from her nightstand

Audrey woke up groggily to a buzzing noise emitting from her nightstand. She perched herself on her bed with the help of her arms and noticed that somebody had been calling her phone. When she picked it up, she noticed that she had many missed calls and messages from, the one and only, Gwilym Lee. She also had many notifications from Ayla and Oliver.

What is going on?

Audrey had gone right to sleep once she arrived at her house, only stopping to change into her pajamas and remove her makeup. She had been so confused after Gwilym kissed her that all she wanted to do was sleep. But now, she must face reality and either respond to Gwilym's messages and calls or ignore him and move on.

Yet, Gwilym was still her friend and she couldn't deny that she had feelings for him. His intentions weren't wrong, but what he did was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

First, she decided to call her most trustworthy confidant: Ayla. The phone rang for a couple of minutes until she heard a worried Ayla through her phone's speaker.

"Audrey are you okay? Have you been on social media?" Ayla's voiced boomed.

"Good morning to you too," Audrey winced as she rested her back against her bed's headboard. "No, I have not been on social media. I just woke up due to my phone almost combusting from of all the notifications coming in, mostly from Gwilym. And, to be honest, I don't know how I feel."

"About Gwilym, look at the article I sent you..."

Audrey did as she was told. Her fingers were shaky against her phone screen. Once she had the link open and saw the title of the article, her heart sunk.

"Audrey? Are you there? I'm here to help and so is Oliver."

Everyone knew. The world knew. She had nowhere to hide. This was her worst fear and it had come true. Audrey did not want that to be the way they got together. Her heartbeat fastened, she couldn't handle it.

"I need to go," Audrey stated as she quickly hung up, not allowing Ayla to respond.

Audrey fiddled with her phone in her hand as she sat on her bed. What was she going to do? If she went out, she'd be chased by paparazzi. At least Gwilym was leaving for New York that day, so she wouldn't have to see him again. Why'd he have to ruin everything and kiss her like that?