xxxiii. two little lines

March 2021______

March 2021
______

"Hey, we can go back home if you want," Gwilym said, looking at his wife next to him sitting in the passenger seat.

Audrey shook her head as she turned to face her partner with a wary smile on her face. "No, it's okay. I feel fine."

"If you say so," Gwilym sighed, getting out of the car and then opening Audrey's door; he would forever be a gentleman. "But if you don't feel good throughout the dinner, you let me know. Okay?"

"Okay," Audrey chuckled, finding it very amusing and kind how much her husband cared about her.

The married couple, for almost a year and a half now, made their way inside Oliver Russell's home. They had invited them over to have a friendly dinner, where Ayla would also be in attendance.

For the past couple of weeks, Audrey had been feeling a little sick; hence why Gwilym was concerned about her. She wasn't entirely sure what was going on with her, but she definitely knew that she wanted it to go away. Recently, Audrey had felt nauseous, tired, and had some congestion. The brunette wasn't really in the mood to go out, but she would've done anything for her friends; especially after canceling on them many times.

"I'm so glad you guys could make it," Oliver greeted the pair, with his Hannah at his side, as they walked inside his home.

"Of course," Gwilym smiled in returned.

"Auntie Audrey and Uncle Gwimmym!" two high pitched voices exclaimed.

The four adults turned around to face Oliver's two little girls running towards them. The girls ran up to Audrey and gave her big hugs, then turned over to grab onto Gwilym's legs.

"Guess they're very fond of you," Audrey smiled, her heart melting at the sight of the little girls in adoration of Gwilym.

"Let's go play!" one the girls whined, tugging on the fabric of the man's pants. Gwilym, being the kind man that he was, obliged and left to play with the kids.

"Oh I see how it is," another voice spoke, this time coming from the living room. "Audrey and Gwilym get here and I'm immediately forgotten about."