To Sleep, Perchance To Dream

Harper is absolutely thrilled as she is leaving Joe and Janie's condo. The place is perfect. It is a tad small, yes, but she thinks that it will be just the right size for her. There is even a spot for her to park her car right outside which is something she has heard is very difficult to find in the city. The couple is more than gracious, telling Harper that any friend of Gillian's is a friend of theirs and offered the condo to Harper at a rental price that she can afford. In return, Harper promises that she will be the best tenant they have ever had.

By the time she makes it back to the bar that Sunday afternoon, she is on a high from her excitement. Declan and Gillian both look at her curiously as she pulls herself onto one of the bar stools. "Guys, I have a place to live! And they told me that I can move in immediately." Harper pulls a set of keys from her pockets waving them.

Declan smiles at how happy Harper is but decides to throw a jab her way anyway. "Well, that really is exciting news. I'll have the telly zapper to myself again. No more insufferable reality television shows."

Gillian laughs at this as she is imagining Declan and Harper fighting over the remote control but when she sees Harper glaring in their direction, she stops herself and clears her throat still smiling at the blonde. "So, it all worked out then. That's great to hear."

"Yes, it really did. I'm just so relieved. Contrary to what you two probably think, I really did not want to be taking up Declan's spare bedroom for forever." Harper sticks her tongue out at Declan and scrunches her face in mock disgust. Declan returns the gesture.

Gillian shakes her head and chuckles. "Okay, children. You two need to play nice." Gillian jokes.

Declan and Harper both laugh at Gillian's comment. Then Declan asks, "So, when are you going to start moving your things? You need any help?"

"I'm actually headed back to your place right now to grab my stuff. And then I have to go get some furniture. I really hadn't thought about it but when I was walking over here, I realized that I don't have anything to my name because I left it all back in New York. I figured that if I can at least just grab a new bed today so that I have something to sleep on, I can get other furniture later. Do you have time to go shopping with me today?" Harper asks him in a hopeful tone.

"Ah, I'm closing today. But Gillian here is going to be finished with work in about an hour or so."

Gillian hears her name so she looks up from whatever she is reading on her phone to both Declan and Harper looking at her. "What was that? I'm sorry. I'm afraid that I missed what you were talking about. Were you talking to me?"

"Well, Harper was just saying--"

Harper stops him. "It wasn't anything important. I was just checking with Declan on his work schedule to see if he could help me with mattress shopping today."

Gillian raises her eyebrow. "Did you need him to go with you today? I don't really have plans tonight. I can switch with Declan and close instead."

"What? No. I don't want you to do that." Harper hesitates for a second trying to decide whether she should just ask Gillian to help her. She really does want to spend more time with Gillian and get to know her better but she cannot ever seem to work up the courage to ask her. The woman is still so very intimidating to Harper for reasons she has yet to figure out. Harper then looks over at Declan and he just winks at her. Harper has had this conversation with Declan before. He has told her his concern with Gillian being cooped up at home on her days off and has told Harper that she should take the initiative in getting the other woman out of the house more often. So, Harper just smiles and adds, "Since you don't have other plans, did you want to come with me to pick out a few things for my new place?"