Wonderful Tonight

Gillian is finishing up her makeup when she hears a knock at her door. She looks over at the clock and sees that Harper is half an hour early. As she checks her appearance once again in the mirror that is in front of her she thinks about how she has been seeing and hanging out with Harper outside of work more frequently in the last few weeks. After that day with everyone in the bar, Harper invited her out a couple more times to hang out with her and Skylar. It was a nice way to get to know Harper better, especially with Skylar around to divulge some of the more intimate things that she would not learn about her otherwise.

On Skylar's last night in the city, Gillian closed the bar early so that they, Declan included, could have dinner all together. Afterwards, they all ended up at Harper's where they watched a movie until almost everyone except for Skylar was too tired to keep their eyes open.

Just a few days after Skylar left to go back to New York, Harper asked her if she would accompany her out for some holiday shopping. Gillian agrees knowing that if she waits until after Thanksgiving to do her own shopping, she would not have enough time to finish it all. Harper decides on a random Tuesday night and Gillian is sure that she is going to use the I.O.U that she still has in her possession. But, Harper never brings it up and so she does not say a word about it either.

When Gillian opens the door, Harper is standing there with a big smile on her face.

"Hey." Harper says. She looks Gillian over and beams. "We're just going shopping, you know. You don't have to always look like you're getting ready to walk a runway." It has recently become quite a habit for Harper to randomly compliment Gillian on her appearance. She likes to think that she does it because of how cute Gillian gets when she blushes but it is mostly because she genuinely believes everything she tells the other woman.

"Uh huh." Gillian says as she shakes her head and turns to hide her flushing face.

Harper chuckles and follows Gillian into the apartment. "So, I know that I'm a little early but I was thinking that we could get an early start and then come back here to hang out after."

"That sounds good. Let me grab my coat and we can get going." Gillian says.

Once she is bundled up and ready to brave the November chill, they walk the short distance to Gillian's car so they can drive to the closest shopping area which happens to be in the middle of downtown Seattle.

"I can't believe that you didn't bring a coat. It's freezing out here." Gillian says as they are walking away from the parking garage. As she walks, she pulls her coat closer and tightens the belt around it.

Harper shrugs. "Well... I don't really have one?"

Gillian looks at her incredulously. "You don't own a coat?"

Harper chuckles. "I used to have this leather jacket that I loved. But, I accidentally left it at Wes's place when I left him. It didn't seem right to go back just for that. And honestly, this isn't even that bad. I mean, compared to the cold in New York, this is really nothing."

"It's not that bad right now but it will only get colder. And more wet. I can't believe you don't own a coat." Gillian reiterates a she is shaking her head.

"If I see something that catches my eye while we're shopping, I promise that I'll try it on, okay? You happy?" Harper says with a grin.

"It's your prerogative if you prefer to freeze. Do whatever you want." Gillian says nonchalantly.

Harper feigns hurt. "Oh, and here I was actually thinking that you cared about my well-being. You wound me, Gillian." This earns her a punch to her shoulder which makes her laugh happily.