It Is All In The Eyes

"Gillian, I want this one!" Harper yells from across the showroom floor.

Gillian walks over and puts her hands on her hips as she looks down at Harper who is sprawled out on what looks to be a super comfortable loveseat. "You can be such a child sometimes. Must you yell so loudly in a place of business? Everyone is staring at us."

Harper rolls her eyes. "They are not. You're over-exaggerating. Now come sit down and tell me this isn't the most comfortable one so far." She pulls on hemline of of Gillian's top which earns her a glare. Then she pouts her lips and frowns.

"You're lucky we're in public, Jace." Gillian says as she sits down next to Harper. She hates to admit it when Harper is right but of all the chairs and living room sets that they have looked at and sat on today, and it has been a very long day indeed, this one is the most comfortable one of all. "It'll do." She says.

Harper smiles. "Do you honestly like it or are you just agreeing because you're tired of shopping with me?"

"Yes, I do honestly like it. But I'm also very tired, Harper. We have been at this for hours now. Didn't you tell me that Skylar was expecting you to have inflatable furniture anyway? You should have just gotten that." Gillian says.

"Well, that's exactly why I really wanted to surprise her with something nicer. She's gonna flip out when she sees this instead." Harper laughs.

Gillian reaches over to the side table of the display where all the pricing is listed. She finds the price of the loveseat and her eyes widen. "Well, something nicer will certainly cost you a whole lot more than the one-hundred and forty dollars that Amazon was advertising." She hands the pricing list to Harper before getting up.

"What?! Holy shit. I can't afford this. It's over three hundred dollars more than I wanted to spend." Harper sighs and gets up. Then she puts her hands in her pockets and frowns at Gillian. "Let's just get out of here. Are you hungry? I'll buy dinner. I'll even splurge and get us an appetizer." She tries to joke to make herself feel better.

Gillian studies her for a moment. Then she walks over to the sales person standing a few feet away. He has been following them around the store hoping for a sale and Gillian knows that she is about to make his day. "Sir, we'll take that one." She points over towards the loveseat by where Harper is still standing. "I understand that you are doing a special with free delivery right now? How soon will we be able to get it?"

Harper's eyes widen when she hears Gillian and she walks quickly over to where she and the man is standing. "Wait! Sorry mister, my friend here is mistaken. We aren't actually interested." She grabs Gillian's arm and pulls her off to the side. "What are you doing? I just told you that I can't afford it."

"Harper, you've been looking for days now and this has been the only thing that you have even come remotely close to liking. We are getting it. I will give you whatever you are short and you can just pay me back when you have it." Gillian states hoping that Harper does not continue to argue with her.

"Gillian, I can't let you do that..." Harper say.

Gillian does not back down. "Harper, look. I know where you live and I know where you work. Also, I know that you probably won't get another good night's sleep until you have paid me back. Because that is just the kind of person you are. So just let me do this for you. Please."

Harper sighs. Every time she thinks that she can find a way to keep from falling for Gillian, the woman does something incredibly sweet making her more likable than before and it is really starting to drive her crazy.

Gillian does not wait for an answer. She takes a hold of Harper's arm and pulls her back over to where the man is still standing, trying to look as if he has not been listening to their whole conversation. "We'll take it."