I Think That Keeping This Up Could Be Dangerous.

Jack's POV

I was late to class and was not in the mood to be reprimanded by the teacher. I got by with a few sarcastic remarks and realized there was only one seat left. Next to Alex.

I walked over to him and punched him in the arm. "Hey, faggot, how's it going?" I asked Alex. He looked away quickly and turned to someone I didn't know.

The teacher cleared his throat. "Class, we have a new student. His name is Josh Franceschi. Josh if you would stand up so they know who you are," the guy next to Alex stood up then sat back down, "Be nice to him."

So, Josh Franceschi. I think he's friends with Alex, they keep talking. Ugh. I don't know what to do about Alex. He was such an easy target. People were already taunting him and I just went a step further. I did it so I wouldn't get hurt. I tried to deny my feelings for him because I was falling in love. I've done this for years. I don't want to anymore. It doesn't even make sense. I hurt him to protect myself.

I want to stop but my 'friends' don't. Vic and Kellin have been doing it with me for a long time too. The difference is, they're homophobic.

Class ended and Vic came up to me. "Jack! Hey, man. Mike, Jaime, Tony and I are skipping the rest of today. Wanna come?"

"No. I've got stuff to do," I said, cracking my knuckles.

"Okay. See ya' later," he ran out with Jaime to go get Mike and Tony.

I sighed and walked to the bathroom. I looked at my reflection, criticizing myself. I stared into my own eyes, trying to figure out what I should do. The door opened and I turned to see Alex. His eyes widened in fear. He turned and ran.

I'm not going to my lesson. I don't care. I don't want to deal with people. Besides, I need to come up with a plan. I need to stop beating up Alex.

I heard something just outside of the bathroom. I walked out to find Alex on the ground and Kellin kicking him.

"Lets teach this fag to show some respect. Yeah?" I fake smiled and joined in.

"You're so worthless. Nobody would care if you died," Kellin spat at him.

"Do us a favor and go kill yourself already," I added. I looked Alex right in the eyes and instantly regretted saying that. He was the most hurt I have ever seen him. Instead of stopping though, I kicked him in the ribs and walked away.

I'm such an idiot.