I've Done Something So Terrible.

Jack's POV

I was sitting in class bored out of my mind when my phone vibrated. I checked it and saw it was a video. I stood up and walked out of class. Ignoring the pissed teacher, I walked out of school.

I started watching the video. It was Alex. He was crying. He said "Well Jack, you're welcome. I'm doing you a favour, right?" I immediately realized what he was talking about.

I panicked and ran to his house, not bothering to watch the rest. We only lived a block away and we used to be friends so I remembered where he lives.

Neither of his parents were home, so I didn't bother knocking.

"Alex?" I called. Nothing. I ran around looking and found him on the bathroom floor. "Alex! No. Stay with me!" I called an ambulance but he had already passed out.

I know his house is close to the hospital, so that helps.

The ambulance arrived quickly, and I rode with him to the hospital. When we got there, they called his parents. I was forced to wait, so I decided to watch the rest of the video.

It tore me apart. When he showed his arms, I started sobbing. I kept thinking about something's he had said.

"You destroyed me."

"I'm worthless anyway, so don't worry."

"Bye Jack. Have a great life without me!"

I tried to get them out of my mind, but I couldn't. The image of him unconscious and bleeding was burned into my memory.

I waited for a long time. Alex's parents had arrived and looked very shaken. Alex's mom was crying, while his dad tried to comfort her. The doctor soon came out and told his parents that he was okay and they could see him in a few minutes.

While they were in with Alex, I tried to think of what to do. Should I leave? No. I can't. What would I say if I talked to him? I wouldn't blame him for hating me. I'd hate me, too.

His parents walked out and told me that I could see him, if I wanted to. They went home, and I went to talk to Alex.

I walked in his room and he looked at me. Fear flashed through his eyes. God, help me. I care about this boy, and all I've done is hurt him.

"Alex," I said, my voice cracking. I sat down next to him.

"Alex, I'm so sorry. I'm so, so sorry," tears were threatening to fall and I tried to hold them back.

"I know sorry isn't enough. I know I've hurt you so much. I don't blame you for hating me. I don't blame you if you don't forgive me... But I am so incredibly sorry. I feel terrible." I said. My eyes betrayed me and I started to cry.

"Why?" Alex said. "Why do you care? You told me to do this anyway."

"I instantly regretted saying it. I don't want you to die," I sobbed, "I know all I've done for the past few years is throw insults at you and beat you up. I know I'm terrible and that you don't trust me. I did it all for the most stupid reasons ever. I've wanted to stop, but if I stopped....." I trailed off. "I was scared. That's what it came down to. I was scared."

He stared at me. His face was sad, then angry, then confused, then sad again. "You may be sorry, but that doesn't change what you've done to me. When we get back to school, you'll probably just go back to hurting me."

"Alex, I really fucked up. I'm sorry."